Buying CitySelect Europe in the USA

  • nicholas9846
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      Hi folks,

      I have a European 60C, and will be travelling to the US soon. While
      there, I'm considering picking up CitySelect Europe (and probably the
      USA version as well) since the prices are much better.

      Is there any reason why this won't work on my European 60C? Is there
      anything else I should be aware of?

      Thanks in advance
    • kennivw48
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2004
        --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "nicholas9846"
        <nickgrainger@b...> wrote:
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I have a European 60C, and will be travelling to the US soon. While
        > there, I'm considering picking up CitySelect Europe (and probably
        the
        > USA version as well) since the prices are much better.
        >
        > Is there any reason why this won't work on my European 60C? Is
        there
        > anything else I should be aware of?
        >
        > Thanks in advance

        Nick

        I dont know if anybody else answered your query, but I have just had
        a reply from Garmin Europe, who confirm that a US purchased Mapsource
        CitySelect Europe will work fine with a European GPS 60C, I also
        intend to purchase this when I visit the US in June.

        Regards
        Kenny
      • nicholas9846
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2004
          --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "kennivw48"
          <spinkskc@b...> wrote:
          > --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "nicholas9846"
          > <nickgrainger@b...> wrote:
          > > Hi folks,
          > >
          > > I have a European 60C, and will be travelling to the US soon.
          While
          > > there, I'm considering picking up CitySelect Europe (and
          probably
          > the
          > > USA version as well) since the prices are much better.
          > >
          > > Is there any reason why this won't work on my European 60C? Is
          > there
          > > anything else I should be aware of?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance
          >
          > Nick
          >
          > I dont know if anybody else answered your query, but I have just
          had
          > a reply from Garmin Europe, who confirm that a US purchased
          Mapsource
          > CitySelect Europe will work fine with a European GPS 60C, I also
          > intend to purchase this when I visit the US in June.
          >
          > Regards
          > Kenny

          Kenny

          Thanks for the reply! Oddly, I got my reply from Garmin Europe
          yesterday. I'd given up on ever getting a answer, but they got
          there in the end.

          Good news, eh? Let's just hope the USD remains nice and weak!

          Nick