Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] gpsmap 60cs holds 56mb - is that enough????

  • Ken Steinhoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:38:10 -0000, "gogogogogps" <mcmcm@...>
      wrote:

      >Looking to buy the Gpsmap60cs mostly for hiking and some auto.
      >Can someone tell me how much US topo map could be loaded in 56MB??
      >I live in Ohio. Could that fit on 56MB?? I know there is a wide
      >difference in some geographical locations as far as map size. Could
      >someone give me some estimates?? Thanks.

      I got Ohio and most of the surrounding City Select North America V6
      mapset area loaded into 56MB. I can get most of the state of Florida
      into 56MB. If I'm careful, I can get my whole route from southeast FL
      to southeast MO in one load.

      Having said that, you always wish you had more memory.

      Urban areas take up more memory. If you turn on autorouting, that eats
      up more memory. Topo maps take up less than the others.

      You should be OK.