RE: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] My Unit is shutting off !!

  • David McNamara
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
      Message
      For loose batteries I've always used an aluminum foil shim. (just take a small piece of aluminum foil and fold it a bunch of times until it's the right thickness and size)

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
        I had my 60CS freeze (lock-up) and after a period of time, the unit turned itself off.  I was not vibrating the unit in any way and I believe it was a firmware problem that caused a watchdog timer timeout.  I was using MetroGuide V5 and Topo at the time.  I've since upgraded to Citi Select V6 and Topo 24k and have not experienced the lockout yet.  I'm very careful about trying to do things "too fast" and am allowing the maps to redraw, etc. before doing more.

        Peace,
        Scotty

        I know a no one to that it arrives (60C), I think that it is about bad
        electric contacts, to see the holding of batteries or it is inside that
        there is the defect.
        Maxime

      • mopman35
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2004
          --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "mopman35"
          <mopman35@y...> wrote:

          I would like to thanks all my gps fellow guys and girls for the fast
          replies onto my previous msg,
          Thanks you veru much,to you all.