Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] Re: Turn-around time for Garmin on-line replies?

  • Ted Timmons
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
      Harlan Stockman wrote:

      >Thanks -- I called again today, got the same 30-35 minute warning...
      >but waited only 20. The solution ("battery saver pads") will be
      >mailed to me. The tech was nice and very eager to please.

      "battery saver pads"? Does anyone know what these are?

      -ted
    • Harlan Stockman
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
        --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, Ted Timmons <yahoo@p...>
        wrote:

        > "battery saver pads"? Does anyone know what these are?

        They are little rubber pads that one supposedly sticks inside the "V"
        of the battery clips, so the clips can't be compressed far enough to
        let the battery lose continuity. At least, that's my hope. I'm not
        totally convinced the tech understood the problem, even though he
        acted confident and kept saying "yep, yep." I've seen USENET
        discussions of possibly three different solutions provided by Garmin;
        rubber pads inside the clips, a plastic figure-8 device, and
        weatherstripping to pad the case.