Constant Warning Messages slowing me down

  • bradrk
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2010
      In the Console, I am getting a nearly constant stream of warning messages like this:

      5/2/10 6:55:38 PM GarageSale[73837] *** Warning: unique ID 24CB0B47-E12F-4547-8F4F-A3A2EC48A5BE for auction Authentic Chloe Saskia Black Studded Tote Retail $2495 already in use.

      Between 6:53 and 6:55 I received over 140 of these messages.I need some help in determining what is causing this error. Some of the auctions are current and others have ended. It is causing some sever delays in response time.

      Thanks
    • Ilja A. Iwas
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2010
        Hi,

        It sounds there are two items in GarageSale's library with the same internal identifier. This identifier is supposed to be unique, so GarageSale is becoming confused.

        Please send a zipped version of your Library/Application Support/GarageSale/SavedAuctions directly to me. I will see that we get it fixed.

        Regards,
        Ilja

        On 03.05.2010, at 01:02, bradrk wrote:

        > In the Console, I am getting a nearly constant stream of warning messages like this:
        >
        > 5/2/10 6:55:38 PM GarageSale[73837] *** Warning: unique ID 24CB0B47-E12F-4547-8F4F-A3A2EC48A5BE for auction Authentic Chloe Saskia Black Studded Tote Retail $2495 already in use.
        >
        > Between 6:53 and 6:55 I received over 140 of these messages.I need some help in determining what is causing this error. Some of the auctions are current and others have ended. It is causing some sever delays in response time.
        >
        > Thanks

        Ilja A. Iwas
        ilja@...
        http://www.iwascoding.com

        iwascoding GmbH
        Weserstr 18, 10247 Berlin
        HRB 97269 B Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
        Geschäftsführer: Paul Hecker, Ilja Iwas
      • bradrk
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2010
          File contains over 81,000 files. When zipped it equals 725MB - much too large to send. What next?

          --- In GarageSale_Users@yahoogroups.com, "Ilja A. Iwas" <ilja@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > It sounds there are two items in GarageSale's library with the same internal identifier. This identifier is supposed to be unique, so GarageSale is becoming confused.
          >
          > Please send a zipped version of your Library/Application Support/GarageSale/SavedAuctions directly to me. I will see that we get it fixed.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Ilja
          >
          > On 03.05.2010, at 01:02, bradrk wrote:
          >
          > > In the Console, I am getting a nearly constant stream of warning messages like this:
          > >
          > > 5/2/10 6:55:38 PM GarageSale[73837] *** Warning: unique ID 24CB0B47-E12F-4547-8F4F-A3A2EC48A5BE for auction Authentic Chloe Saskia Black Studded Tote Retail $2495 already in use.
          > >
          > > Between 6:53 and 6:55 I received over 140 of these messages.I need some help in determining what is causing this error. Some of the auctions are current and others have ended. It is causing some sever delays in response time.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >

          > Ilja A. Iwas
          > ilja@...
          > http://www.iwascoding.com
          >
          > iwascoding GmbH
          > Weserstr 18, 10247 Berlin
          > HRB 97269 B Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
          > Geschäftsführer: Paul Hecker, Ilja Iwas

        • studiodave
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2010
            This sounds like the whole Library not just the "Saved Auctions" file at that location.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2010
              I might have thought the same but it really is just the Saved Auctions folder. After seeing that it's a wonder that GS works at all!

              Message 6 of 9 , May 4, 2010
                Have you really posted 81,000 auctions?
                My "Saved Auctions" folder is 5.7 MB and has 587 items in it.
                When you select the folder how many items does it have in there?
                All you should see in there are files like,

                FFD1BF5A-C6FC-40D2-B1B9-E855B83CA55C.gsdata (one of these for each auction)

                And these two,

                StartedTemplateIDIndex.data
                TemplatesHierarchy.data

                Dave

                Message 7 of 9 , May 4, 2010
                  NO! There is something else going on. Three days in Nov. it shows 1046 files. Just today alone it's added 90 files and I haven't listed anything today so it's acting a little like caged rabbits - exponentially multiplying!

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 4, 2010
                    Have you run "Permissions Repair" or any other Disk repairs lately?
                    Try that and see if it cleans anything up.

                    Dave

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 4, 2010
                      I did it not too long ago but am running it again to be sure. I wish I knew which files I could immediately get rid of. It has archived twice on 11/08 and 05/09 so it's eating up some valuable disk space.