Re: [GapAntennas] Challenger DX Support Post ...

  • David Cole
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
      Hi,

      I will be interested to see the answer to this as well... I do know
      that you can get them directly from Gap... I ordered and received one a
      few months ago.
      --
      Thanks and 73's,
      www.nk7z.net

      On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 03:31 +0000, Dennis M wrote:
      > Good Evening All,
      >
      > A good friend of mine is loaning me his Challenger for awhile.
      >
      > It was ground mounted and I will do the same in my backyard.
      >
      > Here's my question, The plastic pipe that it was mounted on is still in his backyard stuck in a bag of cement.
      >
      > I know that this has been discussed on the list before, but, I can't find the post.
      >
      > Just what are the specs for the plastic pipe that the Challenger DX is mounted on?
      >
      > Is this something that I can buy at Loews or Home Depot?
      >
      > Thanks for your help,
      >
      > Dennis ... AI6R

    • senecadan1
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
        1-1/4" pvc conduit works like a charm. Make sure you get conduit and not regular pipe as the inside diameter is different.

        Danny
        kj4ylp

        --- In GapAntennas@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis M" <dennismingear@...> wrote:

        > Good Evening All,
        >
        > A good friend of mine is loaning me his Challenger for awhile.
        >
        > It was ground mounted and I will do the same in my backyard.
        >
        > Here's my question, The plastic pipe that it was mounted on is still in his backyard stuck in a bag of cement.
        >
        > I know that this has been discussed on the list before, but, I can't find the post.
        >
        > Just what are the specs for the plastic pipe that the Challenger DX is mounted on?
        >
        > Is this something that I can buy at Loews or Home Depot?
        >
        > Thanks for your help,
        >
        > Dennis ... AI6R

      • John S
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
          Is there really a need for plastic pipe if you use the plastic insulator rings with the u-bolt mounts?

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Aug 1, 2013, at 6:49, "senecadan1" <dannydavis@...> wrote:

          > 1-1/4" pvc conduit works like a charm. Make sure you get conduit and not regular pipe as the inside diameter is different.
          >
          > Danny
          > kj4ylp
          >
          > --- In GapAntennas@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis M" <dennismingear@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Good Evening All,
          > >
          > > A good friend of mine is loaning me his Challenger for awhile.
          > >
          > > It was ground mounted and I will do the same in my backyard.
          > >
          > > Here's my question, The plastic pipe that it was mounted on is still in his backyard stuck in a bag of cement.
          > >
          > > I know that this has been discussed on the list before, but, I can't find the post.
          > >
          > > Just what are the specs for the plastic pipe that the Challenger DX is mounted on?
          > >
          > > Is this something that I can buy at Loews or Home Depot?
          > >
          > > Thanks for your help,
          > >
          > > Dennis ... AI6R

        • senecadan1
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
            No, as long as it's insulated you should be ok

            Danny
            kj4ylp