Mounting my GAP Eagle

  • n4lec
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      I have a GAP Eagle antenna currently mounted on a 2" OD pipe, buried into the ground with the antenna attached about 3 feet above ground. Due to the increasing number of new houses and obstructions among my neighbors, I am considering raising the height of the antenna, mounting a fixed base (either mast or tower) to an outbuilding on my 1.3 acre property. The top edge of the outer building wall is 9 feet above ground, with the roof line 14 feet high. Since this means the counterpoise assembly will be about 14-19 feet high, my primary concerns are the wind load of the Eagle and the overall stability of the antenna should I choose a single-mast option. I'm looking for any suggestions/recommendations from other GAP owners and would appreciate any feedback, pro or con.

      Thanks!

      73 - Larry - N4LEC