Director, Games Programming for Comcast

  • jenmaclean
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      We have a number of new games jobs opening up at Comcast. Please
      feel free to forward this description on to friends/colleagues who
      may be interested, and please contact me at
      jennifer_maclean@... with questions and CVs.

      Position: Director, Programming – Games
      Comcast Interactive Media

      Location: Headquarters, Philadelphia

      Reports to: GM, Games, Comcast Interactive Media

      DUTIES:
      • Develop, communicate and implement programming strategy that
      supports a differentiated, fresh, exciting and dynamic broadband site
      focused on games and entertainment and that can be applied to
      television and mobile platforms.
      • Identify, select, and manage external content providers,
      freelancers, and consultants.
      • Develop proprietary content features and manage staff to
      deliver new content to multiple platforms (including online,
      television, and mobile) with consistently outstanding execution.
      • Identify consumer and industry events, milestones, and
      opportunities for content, marketing, and PR activities that support
      group business goals. Manage internal and external resources as
      appropriate to deliver related online and offline content.
      • Work closely with editorial and production staff in multiple
      content and platform groups to create frequently-updated,
      interesting, and exciting must-know content.
      • Support Business Development and Marketing groups in creation
      of new distribution chains, platforms, and businesses. Work with in-
      house marketing and PR teams to create and implement effective
      marketing and promotional plans that leverage differentiated
      programming strategy.
      • Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify business
      needs, implement products, and track key revenue and usage metrics.
      • Act as a passionate customer and games category advocate
      within Comcast Interactive Media, and work with Comcast corporate
      entities to build excitement and understanding of gaming
      opportunities.
      • Support Comcast television, data, and mobile product lines
      through games content where appropriate. Work closely with Comcast
      Cable product teams to identify relevant games opportunities to
      support cable operational goals.
      • Research and analyze industry sources, economic analysis,
      competitive position and products.

      REQUIREMENTS:
      • Extensive experience in games industry with focus on creating
      great, innovative, and exciting content.
      • Ability to clearly articulate and communicate a programming
      strategy to multiple functional groups.
      • Extensive team management experience, including management of
      remote employees, freelancers, and interns. Ability to develop
      effective leaders across all experience levels.
      • BS in Marketing or related relevant discipline or equivalent
      experience.
      • Creativity, attention to detail, ability to effectively
      prioritize and multi-task, flexibility and comfort in fast-changing
      and ambiguous environments.
      • Excellent presentation and communication skills.
      • Must be a team player, able to work closely with cross-
      functional development groups and anticipate and react to changes
      quickly.
      • Must be able to travel.
    • Marta Daglow
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
        My client, a top MMO company based in SF working on exciting licenses, is
        looking for top talent in the following areas:

        MMO Engineering

        Tools Programming

        If you'd like to know more, please drop me a line.

        Thanks,

        Marta Daglow

        DCG

        mdaglow@...