Looking for Sr. Engine Programmer for San Diego Game Studio

  • candicec780
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      High Moon Studios is looking for a highly skilled Senior Engine
      Programmer to work with a selective team to develop a high quality,
      in-house custom game engine.

      Responsibilities:

      -Collaborate with programmers to provide technical solutions and
      deliver optimized and efficient code.
      -Build efficient, well-architected systems and tools to improve
      productivity.
      -Solve complex problems in resourceful and effective ways.
      -Evaluate and integrate middleware solutions.
      -Provide mentorship to junior team members.

      Requirements:

      -Experience with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
      -Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
      -Strong math skills.
      -Proficient in several of the following areas: animation, effects,
      AI, networking, physics, rendering, lighting, post-processing,
      material systems, serialization, scripting.
      -Ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized
      code.
      -Ability to quickly understand existing code and to enhance and build
      on a working architecture.
      -Willingness to collaborate with programmers, artists and designers
      to produce high quality games.
      -Ability to take a critical look at existing solutions and provide
      suggestions for improvement.
      -Ability to effectively discuss problems with the programming team
      and derive high quality solutions.
      -A strong passion for video games.

      Qualifications:

      -Five or more years of programming experience in the game industry.
      -Degree in Computer Science or related field.

      Bonus Skills:

      -Experience with any of the following:
      -DirectX 10
      -Geometry shaders
      -Global illumination
      -C#/CLI
      -HLSL
      -Cg
      -Test-driven development

      How to Apply:

      -Submit your resume to www.highmoonstudios.com/careers.

      About High Moon Studios:

      High Moon Studios is an exceptional workplace, winning awards for
      employee programs and use of an innovative development technique.
      Our studio is a state-of-the art facility and our approach to
      development is one that fosters communication, collaboration and a
      culture of camaraderie and mentorship. We understand that quality of
      work demands quality of life, and our staff takes full advantage of
      the lifestyle afforded to them in sunny San Diego. Our studio is
      currently developing titles for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Most
      recently, we released Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy, an
      action game based on the blockbuster franchise featuring super spy
      Jason Bourne. If you're ready to be challenged and be part of a
      growing company, apply now!

      Contact:

      Candice Clark
      (P) 760.448.3211