/ OK ...I now understand. It is technically disinformation and/or misinformation. In the US, Trump supporters, like me, call it "Fake News" or "Very Fakekrupniak
1. Right... Freeland is knee deep in historical negationism! And the Canadian Ukrainian Diaspora... love her! On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 1:45 PM,gosford27
This is the former Austrian Empire province of Galicia, the areal extent of which is now located in southeastern Poland and southwestern Ukraine (see map above).
This group provides information for finding your Galician ancestors and living relatives.
Discussions go beyond providing genealogical research help, that is beyond the simple collection of names and dates. Religion, culture, politics, macro history, and current events in Eastern Europe are frequently debated.
Group's moderators are: Laurence Krupnak (USA) (screen name Lavrentiy) and Danuta Wojcik (Canada)
Galicia (English spelling)
Galicja (in Polish language)
Galizien (in Austrain | German language)
Halychyna (the Ukrainian name and origin of the term Galicia)
Another map of Austria's Galicia province is located at: http://www.feefhs.org/maps/ah/ah-galic.html
The ethnic groups of Galicia include: Poles , Galizien Germans, Jews , Ukrainians , Carpatho-Rusyns (Ruthenians, Rusyns, Rusins, Rusnaks, Carpatho-Russians , Lemkos, Bojkos / Boikos / Boykos, Hutsuls
Administrative boundaries as of 1998 map: Magocsi, P. R., ed. 1998. Historical atlas of East Central Europe. University of Washington Press.
Austrian Galicia province (Draft) delineation map created on 9/14/2004 copyright 2004
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Dec 21, 2003
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.