goscinski or taraska

  • elsie6143
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
      I am looking for any information on family members with the name of
      Goscinski of Taraska. These are my grandparents from Galicia. The
      arrived in the US in 1913, 1914 and settled first in Connecticuit
      then Michigan. Also any Kryszaks who settled in Detroit.
    • Elaine Bigelow
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
        There is 1 Taraska in Canada 411 listings
        http://aolcanada.canada411.ca/english/presults.asp?lastname=taraska&firstnam
        e=&citytown=&province=Search+All&row=0&x=54&y=9

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
          elsie6143 wrote:

          > I am looking for any information on family members with the name of
          > Goscinski of Taraska.

          ********

          Do you mean Tarasowka (the Ukrainian place name is Tarasivka).

        • Jeff Martin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
            No, I mean my grandmothers name was Taraska and my grandfather was Goscinski
            from Muszyna.
            > I am looking for any information on family members with the name of
            > Goscinski of Taraska.

            ********

            Do you mean Tarasowka (the Ukrainian place name is Tarasivka).

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
              Jeff Martin wrote:

              > No, I mean my grandmothers name was Taraska and my grandfather was Goscinski
              > from Muszyna.

              ********

              Ok..."Krynicy" must be Krynica, since Muszyna is near Krynica.

              The LDS has some of the Krynica Roman Catholic parish registers:

              http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=topicdetails&subject=755099&subject_disp=Austria%2C+Galizien%2C+Krynica+%28Muszyna%29+%2D+Church+records&columns=*,0,0

              They don't have any Greek Catholic parish registers.