ZAGS & RAHS

  • einamaka
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hello Folks,

      I've receieved this email from the Ukrainian Center of Geneaological
      research back in August. The directed me to write to the ZAGS in
      Gusyatyn but I have replied asking for an address they have yet to
      respond. Does anyone know about the ZAGS, I have read in another
      posting that they are now called RAHS which confuses me even more..
      hehe

      Thanks for an help!
      Cheers!
      Erika

      August 16, 2005

      Dear Erika,

      We have received and reviewed your application form dated June 24,
      2005. We apologize for a great delay in giving a reply to you.
      Regarding the information you request, we inform you that
      unfortunately, there are no metrical books of Greek Catholic church
      of the village
      of Okno (Vikne) available in the state archives of Ternopil region.
      There are only registers of births of the Roman Catholic church for
      1875-1900. We have also checked the central state historical
      archives, city of
      Lviv where metrical books of Greek-Catholic church available for the
      following period: 1843-1866. Thus, it is not possible to search for
      birth records of Oleska Namaka in the state archives. There might be
      metrical books of Greek Catholic church available in the district
      Civil
      Status Registry Office (so called ZAGS), town of Gusyatyn.
      Unfortunately to
      obtain information at ZAGS office, you should send them a letter
      personally. If you need more detailed information, please, let us
      know and we
      will send you an address.

      If you happen to have any questions or concerns, please, contact us.

      Respectfully,

      Olha Voichenko
      Coordinator
      Ukrainian Center of Genealogical Research
    • Roman Bulkiewicz
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
        Hello,

        e> I've receieved this email from the Ukrainian Center of Geneaological
        e> research back in August. The directed me to write to the ZAGS in
        e> Gusyatyn but I have replied asking for an address they have yet to

        This is the address:

        vul. Nezalezhnosti, 7
        Gusyatyn
        Ternopilska obl.
        48200
        Ukraine

        tel.: +380 3557 2-14-45

        http://minjust.gov.ua/?do=dr&did=615&sid=str_ust_rags_2

        It used to be ZAGS [zapys aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], then it was
        RAGS (RAHS) [reyestratsiya aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], now they call
        it RATsS [reyestratsiya aktiv tsyvilnogo stanu]...
        Reforms, you now... :)

        Regards,
        Roman

        http://romans.net.ua
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
          Hello Roman,

          You wrote in part:

          > It used to be ZAGS [zapys aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], then it was
          > RAGS (RAHS) [reyestratsiya aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], now they call
          > it RATsS [reyestratsiya aktiv tsyvilnogo stanu]...
          > Reforms, you now... :)

          In the US, low level government bureaucrats call it "going with the
          flow."

          ;-)

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
            Roman Bulkiewicz wrote:

            > It used to be ZAGS [zapys aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], then it was
            > RAGS (RAHS) [reyestratsiya aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], now they call
            > it RATsS [reyestratsiya aktiv tsyvilnogo stanu]...
            > Reforms, you now... :)
            >
            > Regards,
            > Roman
            >
            > http://romans.net.ua

            *******

            It now easy for English-speaking researchers to know....Ukraine local
            registry offices have gone from RAGS to RATS.

            just humor, no?

          • einamaka
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
              haha...
              as long as im not saying "RATS!" when they tell me they have no
              records of my family.. hehe!

              i can't recall if this email went through yesterday as yahoo seemed
              to be having problems... but does anyone know if they would respond
              to a letter written in English or Polish? I have a Polish friend who
              could write a letter for me but want to be sure before i send
              something out...

              thanks so much for your help, Roman and Lavrentiy....
              Cheers!
              Erika

              --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Laurence Krupnak

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
                Hello Erika,

                RATS don't respond to letters of inquiry ... you need to obtain an
                application from the Ukrainian Consulate. They send the form to RATS.

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 6, 2008
                  Hello Roman Bulkiewicz!

                  You still here? If so I need the e-mail address of the Lutsk
                  (Volyn oblast) registry office (RATsS)

                  ["used to be ZAGS [zapys aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], then it was
                  RAGS (RAHS) [reyestratsiya aktiv gromadyanskogo stanu], now they call
                  it RATsS [reyestratsiya aktiv tsyvilnogo stanu]... Reforms, you

                  My old computer which has Windows 98 OS and MS IE version 6.0
                  can't open the Justice Ministry website.