Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Unicode

    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2004
      Al,

      For your Mlynys'ka, the GC parish was in Kobylovoloky. The extant
      parish registers will be in the Ternopil oblast archive and the local
      regsirty office (RAHS).

      al grocholski wrote:

      > Hi Mathew : Saw your answer to another Lister, would like to get unicode for my PC. That site you listed, doe's that give you translations into English?
      > Also looking for access to information re my family from Mlyniska. Village is south of Trembowla and Janow. Would I look at archives in Tarnople or Lviv?
      > Thanks Al
    • algrocholski
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2004
        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Laurence Krupnak
        <Lkrupnak@e...> wrote:
        > Al,
        >
        > For your Mlynys'ka, the GC parish was in Kobylovoloky. The
        extant
        > parish registers will be in the Ternopil oblast archive and the
        local
        > regsirty office (RAHS).

        > Hi Lavrentiy::: Guess I should have been a bit more specific in my
        first email. Need records for RC in Mlyniska. Was there last
        November, the only church there is all boarded up. My cousin in
        Poland told me that it was the RC church. Does that change which
        archives would hold the records? Also, there is a small building at
        the cemetary, would that be for tools, or could it contain some sort
        of grave locations? Don'nt speak Ukranian, only some Polish and time
        was short and the brain was'nt in the right gear, we just did alot
        of looking. Any help appreciated.
        Thanks - Al

        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2004
          algrocholski wrote:

          > > Lavrentiy
          > > Hi Lavrentiy::: Guess I should have been a bit more specific in my
          > first email. Need records for RC in Mlyniska. Was there last
          > November, the only church there is all boarded up. My cousin in
          > Poland told me that it was the RC church.

          There could have been a RC church in Ml~yniska (being established
          perhaps during the inter-war period), but during the Austrian-era there
          was no Roman Catholic church in Ml~yniska, according to Lenius in his
          Genealogical Gazetteer of Galicia.

          According to Lenius the RC church for Ml~yniska was located in
          Jano~w.

          > Does that change which archives would hold the records?

          Many RC parish registers for RC churches that were located in
          Eastern Galicia (now Ukraine) are in the Polish State Archive in
          Warsaw. Other extant old RC parish registers will be in the Central
          State Historical Archives of Ukraine in L'viv. The Ternopil oblast
          archive and RAHS may have something.

          > Also, there is a small building at
          > the cemetary, would that be for tools, or could it contain some sort
          > of grave locations?

          Correct, those buildings were used to store tools, and during the
          Winter when graves couldn't be dug, the deceased were stored there