Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Unicode

  • bacsiknj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2004
      Do you think the LDS will be back into Poland to do more filming in the
      places they missed the first time?

      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2004
        Al,

        For your Mlynys'ka, the GC parish was in Kobylovoloky. The extant
        parish registers will be in the Ternopil oblast archive and the local
        regsirty office (RAHS).

        al grocholski wrote:

        > Hi Mathew : Saw your answer to another Lister, would like to get unicode for my PC. That site you listed, doe's that give you translations into English?
        > Also looking for access to information re my family from Mlyniska. Village is south of Trembowla and Janow. Would I look at archives in Tarnople or Lviv?
        > Thanks Al
      • algrocholski
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2004
          --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Laurence Krupnak
          <Lkrupnak@e...> wrote:
          > Al,
          >
          > For your Mlynys'ka, the GC parish was in Kobylovoloky. The
          extant
          > parish registers will be in the Ternopil oblast archive and the
          local
          > regsirty office (RAHS).

          > Hi Lavrentiy::: Guess I should have been a bit more specific in my
          first email. Need records for RC in Mlyniska. Was there last
          November, the only church there is all boarded up. My cousin in
          Poland told me that it was the RC church. Does that change which
          archives would hold the records? Also, there is a small building at
          the cemetary, would that be for tools, or could it contain some sort
          of grave locations? Don'nt speak Ukranian, only some Polish and time
          was short and the brain was'nt in the right gear, we just did alot
          of looking. Any help appreciated.
          Thanks - Al

          Message 4 of 7 , May 5, 2004
            algrocholski wrote:

            > > Lavrentiy
            > > Hi Lavrentiy::: Guess I should have been a bit more specific in my
            > first email. Need records for RC in Mlyniska. Was there last
            > November, the only church there is all boarded up. My cousin in
            > Poland told me that it was the RC church.

            There could have been a RC church in Ml~yniska (being established
            perhaps during the inter-war period), but during the Austrian-era there
            was no Roman Catholic church in Ml~yniska, according to Lenius in his
            Genealogical Gazetteer of Galicia.

            According to Lenius the RC church for Ml~yniska was located in
            Jano~w.

            > Does that change which archives would hold the records?

            Many RC parish registers for RC churches that were located in
            Eastern Galicia (now Ukraine) are in the Polish State Archive in
            Warsaw. Other extant old RC parish registers will be in the Central
            State Historical Archives of Ukraine in L'viv. The Ternopil oblast
            archive and RAHS may have something.

            > Also, there is a small building at
            > the cemetary, would that be for tools, or could it contain some sort
            > of grave locations?

            Correct, those buildings were used to store tools, and during the
            Winter when graves couldn't be dug, the deceased were stored there