Fw: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] ship records

  • Angela Birt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      Don't dismiss Port of Halifax and Quebec City for the time frame you are looking for.
      Passenger lists (microfilm only )exist for the following ports of entry: http://www.collectionscanada.ca/genealogy/022-908.003.02-e.html
      a.. Quebec City and Montreal (Quebec), 1865-1935;
      b.. Halifax (Nova Scotia), 1881-1935;
      Nanaimo Family History Society is in the process of indexing the Canadian Passenger Lists for all ports from 1900 - 1924. This is a very large project and we anticipate this project taking anywhere from 2 - 5 years to complete.

      Immigration to Canada (searchable databases)
      a.. Immigrants at Grosse-Île http://www.collectionscanada.ca/genealogy/022-504-e.html
      Database on some immigrants who stayed at the Grosse-Île Quarantine Station between 1832 and 1937.
      b.. Immigration Records (1925-1935)
      c.. Home Children (1869-1930)
      Have you tried searching for the Naturalization Records1915-1932 Canadian Naturalization
      Lists of immigrants who received Canadian naturalization certificates, which were published in the Canada Gazette between 1915 and 1932. The use of this digitized database is facilitated by a name index developed by the Jewish Genealogical Society of Ottawa [www.jgso.org/] and the Jewish Genealogical Society of Montreal [www.gtrdata.com/jgs-montreal/].