ship records

  • convocation05
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2005
      Would anyone happen to know where I might find ship records for
      passengers leaving Galicia in 1891, going to Canada..likely docking in
      Montreal.Any info would be appreciated. Looking for Heinemann family
      name that left Galicia to Canada 1891. Especially the passengership
      info.Thanks
    • Allen & Darlene Dowhaniuk
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2005
        Hi,

        Passenger lists for these records are not available online. You have to order the microfilms from the Canadian Archives.

        The following site will help you:
        http://www.collectionscanada.ca/genealogy/022-908.003-e.html

        Kind regards
        Darlene

        Would anyone happen to know where I might find ship records for
        passengers leaving Galicia in 1891, going to Canada..likely docking in
        Montreal.Any info would be appreciated. Looking for Heinemann family
        name that left Galicia to Canada 1891. Especially the passengership
        info.Thanks

      • Sylvia & Lorne Carpenter
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2005
          Hello,

          What are some of the first names, and where in North America where they headed for?

          Sylvia
          Would anyone happen to know where I might find ship records for
          passengers leaving Galicia in 1891, going to Canada..likely docking in
          Montreal.Any info would be appreciated. Looking for Heinemann family
          name that left Galicia to Canada 1891. Especially the passengership
          info.Thanks

        • Wilayne VanDevender
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 30, 2005
            I have a small suggestion - it might help someone else, if not you.
            My grandfather left Galicia in 1901. He got to Amsterdam, probably by
            train, and sailed into NY from Amsterdam. They may be films from LDS on
            ships leaving Amsterdam with passenger lists. I know there are lists from
            Hamburg like this, but I haven't checked Amsterdam records.
            since your relative went to Canada, don't dismiss Quebec either. It was a
            huge port at that time, receiving lots of ships from Europe.
            Wilayne