Family History Center Files

  • califshirl
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      I am looking for Grandfather from about 1894 from Krolick, Poland. I
      think he was Greek Catholic, although his Ellis Island data says
      Ruthenian. Are there any LDS microfilms to be gotten and what would I
      look for and how?
      Thanks. It's fun to read all the help given here.
      Shirley Anderson, California USA
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
        Hello Shirley,

        You wrote:

        > I am looking for Grandfather from about 1894 from Krolick, Poland. I
        > think he was Greek Catholic, although his Ellis Island data says
        > Ruthenian. Are there any LDS microfilms to be gotten and what would I
        > look for and how?
        > Thanks. It's fun to read all the help given here.
        > Shirley Anderson, California USA

        **********

        RE: Ruthenian

        Ruthenian is now regarded as an archaic term. Ruthenians are now
        either Carpatho-Rusyns or Ukrainians.

        Ruthenians were historically Orthodox, but they are now either
        Orthodox or Greek Castholics.

        RE: LDS microfilms for Krolik (or specifically Krolik Woloski)

        check here:

        specifically the files submitted by Roman and jodanji.

        Or, check here:

        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHL/frameset_library.asp