Mike - Habel in Lviv

  • Sylvia & Lorne Carpenter
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      Mike

      I just got off the phone with one of the Habel men in Lviv. The other 2 Habel listed are the younger family, and would not have any information for you. His mother has passed away, and he knows nothing of the past families. The name Zanger did not sound familiar to him. World War II was very difficult on his family, and the most important thing for them was survival. And he added that families are scattered all over Ukraine and other unknown countries, because of WWII

      He was very friendly, spoke clearly, and willing to talk.

      Sorry, but I tried.

      Sylvia

    • bluetea54@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
        Wow! That was so nice of you to make a call for Mike.
        Can I ask...Do you live in the states? What language did the Habel man speak?
        I am so impressed by your generosity and willingness to jump right in and
        help. Geneologists, especially those on this list, certainly are special people.
        You deserve a round of applause.
        Judy

        In a message dated 10/1/2005 12:38:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        lorsyl@... writes:
        > just got off the phone with one of the Habel men in Lviv. The other 2
        > Habel listed are the younger family, and would not have any information for you.
        > His mother has passed away, and he knows nothing of the past families. The
        > name Zanger did not sound familiar to him. World War II was very difficult on
        > his family, and the most important thing for them was survival. And he added
        > that families are scattered all over Ukraine and other unknown countries,
        > because of WWII
        >
        > He was very friendly, spoke clearly, and willing to talk.
        >
        > Sorry, but I tried.

      • Sylvia & Lorne Carpenter
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
          Thank you!
          I live in Canada. Mr Hadel spoke in Ukrainian.
          And thank you once again.

          lorsyl@... writes:
          > just got off the phone with one of the Habel men in Lviv. The other 2
          > Habel listed are the younger family, and would not have any information for you.
          > His mother has passed away, and he knows nothing of the past families. The
          > name Zanger did not sound familiar to him. World War II was very difficult on
          > his family, and the most important thing for them was survival. And he added
          > that families are scattered all over Ukraine and other unknown countries,
          > because of WWII
          >
          > He was very friendly, spoke clearly, and willing to talk.
          >
          > Sorry, but I tried.

        • seraph1818
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
            Sylvia,

            I would like to thank you, too. I have no known relatives in eastern
            Europe, but that was so nice of you to make a call for a total
            stranger.

            I think we all help on these genealogy lists in whatever way we can.
            It just impresses me when people take one step beyond imparting
            knowledge and try to make contact to help out someone, who one has
            never met.

            So, for all of you out there that take the time out to take that extra
            step a BIG thank you.

            Debbie
            California
          • Mr.Jones
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
              Ok thankyou so much i will email you at your email address. Mike

              Sylvia & Lorne Carpenter <lorsyl@...> wrote:Thank you!

              lorsyl@... writes:
              > just got off the phone with one of the Habel men in Lviv. The other 2
              > Habel listed are the younger family, and would not have any information for you.
              > His mother has passed away, and he knows nothing of the past families. The
              > name Zanger did not sound familiar to him. World War II was very difficult on
              > his family, and the most important thing for them was survival. And he added
              > that families are scattered all over Ukraine and other unknown countries,
              > because of WWII
              >
              > He was very friendly, spoke clearly, and willing to talk.
              >
              > Sorry, but I tried.

              Dvd region free All regions dvd player Galicia