Passenger list for Ports Halifax & Quebec City

  • Angela Birt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      From another list that I belong to a member just advised that Nanaimo Family History Society has been indexing passenger lists for the ports of Halifax and Quebec City for the years 1900 and 1921. This is still an ongoing project.

      http://www.genealogy.gc.ca/10/100803_e.html

      then under research online

      or go directly to

      http://members.shaw.ca/nanaimo.fhs/

      "Introduction
      Welcome to the NFHS Passenger Lists Indexing Project. The manifests of ships arriving at Canadian Ports listing passengers have been preserved on microfilm at Library and Archives Canada. Our aim is to index arrivals at Halifax and Quebec (Montreal is included in the Port of Quebec) from 1900 to about 1921 when the passenger lists were discontinued for a time in favour of the form 30A. This is a large project that will take many years and would not be possible without the many volunteers who are transcribing the lists. Currently the project is indexing Quebec arrivals from 1908 onwards. Quebec Ports for the periods 2 Jul 1908 to 2 Oct1908, 25 Jul 1909 to 26 Apr 1910 and 17 Sep 1910 to 13 Oct 1910 has been completed and the index is shown on these pages."