Bukowsko Book Translation

  • seraph1818
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2005
      For those of you out there interested in the town of Bukowsko, I
      thought I would let you know that a small 87 page paperback book
      titled "W Gminie Bukowsko" by Jerzy Zuba (1997) has just been
      translated into English. This has been a labor of love by Debbie
      Greenlee <daveg@...> If interested the cost is $15 plus $2
      for shipping...below is part of what she wrote, when announcing
      this...if you have questions or need her snail mail address, just
      email her.

      I have the original book in Polish, and the translated copy should
      be arriving at my home in a few days. I have not seen it yet,
      myself.

      "Several years ago a Sanok native wrote a small history book about
      the gmina Bukowsko which included information about all the villages
      in the gmina. When I bought my copy (no longer in print) I couldn't
      read much and I thought it was a shame that this book existed but
      that most people who would really benefit from the book, couldn't
      read it. It was in Polish.

      I decided the book needed to be translated and reprinted. It seemed
      to take forever to get permission from the publisher to do this but
      I did.

      Not being fluent in Polish I hired two people to do the translating,
      however, I did the editing. I think the editing took longer than the
      translation!....

      The sections of the book which have the most information are Bukowsko
      the gmina, Bukowsko the village, Nowotaniec and Nadolany. Some
      villages have only a paragraph.

      The book is layed-out just as published; the Index is in the back
      and is comparable to U.S. Table of Contents.

      Tokarnia is a paragraph while Wola Piotrowa is about a page in
      length.

      The following villages are mentioned in the book:
      Bukowsko Dudyn~ce Nadolany
      Nago~rzany Nowotaniec Przybyszo~w
      Bel~cho~wka Ratnawica Karliko~w
      Kamienne Pl~onna Tokarnia
      Wolica Zboiska Pobiedno
      Wola Se~kowa Wola Piotrowa

      All surnames in the book have been highlighted." (Debbie Greenlee)

      Debbie Raff
      California