This Group Is Still On Blackout

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2013

      Will Davis wrote:

      Will Davis commented  ·  September 21, 2013 8:25 am

      Discontent over the new Yahoo Groups NEO is NO SECRET on the interwebs!

      Paging Marissa Mayer.... you might want to see all of these:

      http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/03/yahoo_groups_neo_design_upsets_users/

      http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/17/yahoo_groups_complaints_continue/

      http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/357621

      http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/09/04/1619216/users-revolt-over-yahoo-groups-update

      http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2148098

      http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3538927

      I could list a bunch more, but what would the point be? You surely must understand what you're facing here.

      Which, of course, is many thousands of users who are totally against your move.

      How long before the users of Yahoo who are against this move start to get their opinions across to your advertisers? You know .. the companies that really do pay your bills?

      Probably not too long. Maybe even sooner than you think.

      Of course, I'm certain your oh-so-clever programmers have totally junked any way to revert Groups, since it appears you've now got Yahoo Mail embedded in the Groups interface that loads on the site.

      Of course this makes Yahoo Groups just as glitchy, slow, and unpredictable as Yahoo Mail now is. So it's par for the course, right?

      I'd suggest that someone get Yahoo's management looking at all of the above links and all the posts in these "feedback forums" and get to work.

      Remember -- in order to have an operationally worthwhile feedback system, you have to actually READ the feedback and then act upon it. You aren't doing that. What in blazes ARE you doing, then, at Yahoo? Anybody? An answer, please?