Re: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Toronto Ukrainian Festival

  • Donna Hoff-Grambau
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
      Or for those of us in Michigan we have an Enhanced Driver's License that
      acts as a passport.

      On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Laurence Krupnak <Lkrupnak@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > For US citizens heading to Canada:
      >
      > ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: For tourist visits to Canada
      > of less than 180 days, U.S. citizens do not need visas.
      > Please Note: Anyone with a criminal record (including misdemeanors or
      > alcohol-related driving offenses) may not be able to enter Canada without
      > first obtaining an approval for rehabilitation well in advance of any
      > planned travel. To determine whether you may be inadmissible and how to
      > overcome this finding, please refer to the CIC website.
      >
      > Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canada Border Services Agency
      > (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law. Please see the CBSA's
      > website for full details.
      >
      > Travel Documents: Both the U.S. and Canadian governments urge frequent
      > travelers to join the NEXUS trusted traveler program. NEXUS members receive
      > a special travel card that allows expedited border crossings for both
      > private and commercial travelers through both U.S. and Canadian border
      > controls.
      >
      > Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada
      > carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S.
      > passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for
      > U.S. citizens.
      >
      > http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html

      ~~In each situation, ask whether each thought, each word, and each deed
      creates a greater or lesser awareness of love.~~

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013

        Entering Canada and entering the US ...one person's experiences:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiiG7vN7ges

        US citizens...to get back into the US from Canada you need:

        http://www.dhs.gov/crossing-us-borders

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013

          Be polite, tell the truth:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN29SvRtfpM

          Entering Canada and entering the US ...one person's experiences:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiiG7vN7ges

          US citizens...to get back into the US from Canada you need:

          http://www.dhs.gov/crossing-us-borders

          Don't forget that the Toronto Ukrainian Genealogy Group will once again be manning a table in the St. Vladimir Institute tent. We will have some of our research and books with us. This year we are to be located close to Runnymede Street on Bloor Street West.

          We have fun showing persons that they can research their ancestors in Ukraine/Poland and some have joined our club for meetings after their first encounter with genealogy.

          Sonia

        • DANUTA WOJCIK
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
            These are used only if you are driving through a US Border. If you are travelling by air, then you need a Canadian passport to enter the US.

            Enhanced driver's licences[edit source]

            Along with numerous U.S. states, several provinces have implemented their own Enhanced Driver's Licence (EDL) programmes for Canadian citizens that includes proof of citizenship to comply with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative for entering the United States. Provinces issuing EDLs include Manitoba,[29] Quebec,[30] British Columbia [31] and Ontario

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
              That is correct, it is only for land entry. However, it is extremely handy
              for those of us living in Michigan who frequently cross the border.