Re: Please help dating a photo

  • scooper_work
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
      Hi Lavrentiy-

      This was found in a box of photos sent to me from a cousin, who had
      inherited it from her grandparents. The box seems to contain photos
      exclusively from her grandfather's family. That grandfather is my
      maternal great uncle.

      We are able to identify almost all of the people in newer photos, but
      this one is too old for us to identify. No one in the family is still
      alive that was born in Europe, so those relatives that never came to
      the US or Canada are not known to anyone.

      Thanks,

      Steve

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
        /

        When did having a photograph of oneself or a family taken by a commerical studio become affordable and popular:

        http://history.stackexchange.com/questions/2200/when-did-commerical-studio-photography-become-common