Re: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Hillcrest, Alberta Mine Disaster

  • jim
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 25, 2013
      Coal was/is used for power generation here, and was once used to heat homes, natural gas is now the main source of heating homes here. I think much of our coal is now exported.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 25, 2013
        Witam,

        Does any one have Oleh's book - http://www.lemko.org/lih/churchir

        Need the location for the town of - Porochnyk - Map - D6 - page 214

        Is Porochnyk actually Pruchnik????

        Thank you for your assistance
        Danuta
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 26, 2013
          Hello Danuta,

          It is Pruchnik. Pruchnik is the Polish place name. Porokhnyk is the Ukrainian place name. Oleh used Polish transliteration scheme, thus he has Porochnyk. ch (Polish) = kh (English).

          --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, DANUTA WOJCIK <sandlily@...> wrote:

          > Witam,
          >

          > Does any one have Oleh's book - http://www.lemko.org/lih/churchir
          >

          > Need the location for the town of - Porochnyk - Map - D6 - page 214
          >
          > Is Porochnyk actually Pruchnik????
          >
          > Thank you for your assistance
          > Danuta

        • DANUTA WOJCIK