Re: Grandmother was from Galicia

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2013
      Hello Ray,

      The Polish State Archives has the following Rzeszow records:

      Rzeszów rzymskokatolickie ma³¿eñstwa 1857-1903
      Rzeszów rzymskokatolickie urodzenia 1889-1911
      Rzeszów rzymskokatolickie zgony 1890-1895

      The Roman Catholic churches in Rzeszow now will have more.

      Be cognizant that Rzeszow is the name of a district and it's center (capital) was the city of Rzeszow.

      Mendon~ it has two possible bases:

      1. menda is crab louse.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pediculosis_pubis

      http://www.polishforums.com/archives/2009/free-translation-42/boyfriend-jokingly-call-each-other-menda-40167/

      Discussion of menda:

      http://www.polishforums.com/archives/2009/free-translation-42/boyfriend-jokingly-call-each-other-menda-40167/

      2.or, according to Hoffman... ma~do is a kernal or stone.