Shkorad vs. Shkurat

    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2013

      Krasovsky's "Lemko Surnames" book, based on the 1787 Austrian cadastre,
      has:

      Shkorad in Bortne and Shkurat in Poliana.

      Literature has that Dmitry's paternal Bortne ancestry is Shkurat.

      But, we need to recall that Austrian cadastre only has families who
      owned land.

      LDS FHL has Bortne vital records. I'll order the Bortne parish books on
      microfilm to resolve the issue.

    • Jim Stamm
      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2013
        On May 27, 2013, at 10:34 AM, Laurence Krupnak wrote:

        > Literature has that Dmitry's paternal Bortne ancestry is Shkurat.
        >
        > But, we need to recall that Austrian cadastre only has families who
        > owned land.
        >
        > LDS FHL has Bortne vital records. I'll order the Bortne parish books
        > on
        > microfilm to resolve the issue.

        There were Szkurats living in Bartne in the late 18th century.

        -Jim

        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2013
          Hello Jim,

          Were there families in Bortne with Shkurat (Szkurat) and Shkorad (Szkorad) surnames?

          --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Jim Stamm <StammJim@...> wrote:

          > On May 27, 2013, at 10:34 AM, Laurence Krupnak wrote:
          > >
          > > Literature has that Dmitry's paternal Bortne ancestry is Shkurat.
          > >
          > > But, we need to recall that Austrian cadastre only has families who
          > > owned land.
          > >
          > > LDS FHL has Bortne vital records. I'll order the Bortne parish books
          > > on
          > > microfilm to resolve the issue.
          > >

          > There were Szkurats living in Bartne in the late 18th century.
          >
          > -Jim
          >

          > .

        • Jim Stamm
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2013
            On May 28, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Laurence wrote:

            > Hello Jim,
            >
            > Were there families in Bortne with Shkurat (Szkurat) and Shkorad
            > (Szkorad) surnames?

            I have only seen Szkurat in the church registers. There may be other
            close names, but I don't remember seeing any of them.

            -Jim

            .
            ,_._,___