Re: Military Uniform

    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2013
      Mary,

      In Google type:

      uniforms of the Austro-Hungarian military

      There are several excellent websites.

      Plus, scan the photo and upload so that we can see it.

      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "genmary2004" <mpate@...> wrote:

      > I just received a picture of 5 men, one wearing a decorated military uniform. This supposedly was of my great-grandfather, his brother and brother's 3 sons. No one knows which great-grandfther it is. It may have been taken in mid 1890's. Is there a way to find out what military uniforms were worn in that timeframe? Th hat is bedecked and tall. Families lived in the Ternopil area, southeast in village of Hlibow (Grzymalow-Skalat). Thought there might be a site that would show the uniforms of different eras of Austrian army.
      > Any help appreciated. Mary

    • genmary2004
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2013
        I wrote a msg stating that my photo of the relatives in military uniform was in the photo section; however, I don't see the msg. Anyway, I did put the picture in the photo section. I believe it is titled: Austrian Military Uniform.

        If you click on cover after selecting the album, picture will come up. Cover of album does not show the picture correctly.