Re: New York State Supreme Court Opinions Research Help

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2013
      Hello David,

      Here is what I need to find: two 1930s-era New York State Supreme Court opinions.

      Here is a poorly written Wikipedia article about Saint John the Baptist (Ukrainian) Greek Catholic Church located in Syracuse, New York:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._John_the_Baptist_Greek_Catholic_Church

      In the article's section titled "Church Dispute", two New York State Supreme Court case decisions are mentioned:

      o July 19, 1932, and

      o November 1, 1936

      Can you quickly find the opinions?

      One of the parties of the two lawsuits was, I assume, either Saint John the Baptist Greek Catholic Church or Saint John the Baptist Ruthenian Catholic Church. The official name of the church (parish) changed over time and the article has errors (typos) concerning the time when the parish name change occurred. The parish is now called Saint John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church - that name was adopted in 1944.

      I would like to read the two opinions as I am doing historical research for another parish located in Syracuse - a parish which my family attended. The founders of that parish departed Saint John the Baptist during the 1930s.

      ********

      I think that each county of New York State had a division of the New York Supreme Court. Syracuse is in Onondaga county.