Re: Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem To Celebrate Easter on The Same Dates Which Orthodox Do

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2013

      Christ the Conqueror of Hell: The Descent into Hades from an Orthodox Perspective

      Archbishop Hilarion Alfeyev (Author)

      Amazon reviewers: 4.8 out of 5 stars

      http://www.amazon.com/Christ-Conqueror-Hell-Orthodox-Perspective/dp/0881410616

      /

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 28, 2013

        One major issue about using the Gregorian calendar for dating Easter is observed before Jewish Passover begins. Many Western christains say "what's so important about the Easter date?" Jesus went to Jerusalem to observe Passover.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28, 2013

          Reader Question: Is the Date of Easter Related to Passover? By Scott P. Richert

          http://catholicism.about.com/b/2009/04/16/reader-question-is-the-date-of-easter-related-to-passover.htm

          http://catholicism.about.com/b/2008/03/07/reader-question-why-does-easter-come-before-passover-this-year.htm