Ukrainian Catholic Ancestors from Chortovets/Czortowiec and Cherniatyn, Horodenk

  • rgeraldlongenecker
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 28, 2013
      My wife's parents were 1st generation immigrants to Saskatchewan, Canada. Her Father, Ivan Palahicky from Chortovets arrived in 1909; her Mother Paraska Chuhaniuk from Cheriatyn arrived ~1905/06. I am interested in information regarding the birth, marriages and siblings of their parents. Is there a preferred source for obtaining this information? A central church directory/repository?
      So far, I have looked unsuccessfully at several Family History microfilm volumes of church records from Czortowiec (Obertyn), but am looking for a new direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jerry Longenecker
    • dogdocla
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 7, 2013
        I looked at this film today. There are indexes to records from Ternopil & Chortiv, but no Biala.