Re: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Handwriting

  • Mary Ann
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2013
      Hello:
      That seems to be the case in spelling of german, ukranian etc surnames.  It look alot of times how the name sounded thats how it was written or was it rules of changing a couple of letters in the surname; I don't know requirements for immigration who knows?  Like the record for Blentro Bassroba when he used Dymetro Basaraba or Metro on his land grant form. and Canadian census and naturalization.  I have requested the homestead file about 3 weeks or more ago, it was supposed to be copied and sent via post office.  More waiting
      Mary Ann