Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Koniuszki Królewskie and Tuligło wy

Expand Messages
  • Danuta Janina Wójcik
    Witam, The village of Tuligłowy, gmina Rokietnica, was part of gmina Pruchnik, powiat Jarosław and has been there for centuries and I have no doubt that the
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Witam,

      The village of Tuligłowy, gmina Rokietnica, was part of gmina Pruchnik, powiat Jarosław and has been there for centuries and I have no doubt that the village of Tuligłowy, gmina Komarno took on the same village name during the Tartar era. The "Shrine of the Immaculate Mother of Good Hope" is located in gmina Rokietnica and the parish is called St. Nicholas. The shrine (icon/picture) is the main alter.
      The (Icon) of Our Lady of Tuligłowy was known to perform miracles during the Tartar era (14th century).


      Explanation of the name (Tuli/Tulić - to cuddle/nestle/hug - głowy - head) = Tuligłowy

      The Icon/Picture - Note: the Tartar Star and the Moon around Our Lady.

      http://www.sanktuarium.tuliglowy.pl/?page_id=19


      Some of my ancestors from Wegierka were parishoners at this church in Tuligłowy, gmina Rokietnica.

      PODOLIA

      Podolia, Ukrainian Podillya, region, western Ukraine, south of Volhynia and extending between the rivers Dniester and Southern Buh. The name Podolia appeared in the 14th century when the Poles began to colonize the area. Except for a period in the late 17th century when it was held by the Ottoman Turks, it was under Polish rule until 1772. Then the part west of the Zbruch River became Austrian; the rest became a province of Russia in 1793. After World War I the region continued to be divided at the Zbruch, between Poland and the Soviet Union. After World War II it was entirely incorporated into the Soviet Union, forming part of the western Ukrainian S.S.R. Its population always had a Ukrainian majority.
      http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/465788/Podolia

      http://www.tuliglowy.pl/

      In English (not too bad), the legend/history:
      TULIGLOWY – village laid between Pruchnik and Rokietnica; south from Jaroslaw, in tiny canyon between knolls, it owes name his unusual event. How legend tells, when in XIV in. they on eastern the grounds of The Republic of Poland assaulted Tartars, sowing conflagration, death and captivity, from Podolian village Kudrenice men ran away and concealed oneself in local forests. Here, among impassable forests, near mountain Borusz, they sheltered their heads under new settlement of huts. „They hugged ” here their heads and they became, and along with them name and first of all GOD’S MOTHER’s miraculous painting IMMACULATE, which with me they brought. Hung on poplar Madonny’s offences, to from here Mary she watched and blessed their families.

      Legend about beginnings this locality tells so much. And facts?

      Beginning of this village does not it differ for histories many the similar localities, what came into being in period of great colonization of age XIV. the colonial Law village this received after year 1340. First the owner Tuliglowy and Rudolowice, Nicholas Mzurowski the wooden church in 1393 r. builds under the invocation his patron, st. of the Bishop’s Nicholas. He became with parish church several years later, in year 1396. First founder’s sons, John and Nicholas, they give back in care temple the Canon’s of The Christ Grave (Bozogrobcy). It accepts with all contiguities and earnings foundation this in 1446 year priest John Oczko, General Order.

      The Bloody fates the ground in XVII lid partly avoided only Tuliglowy, they with which miracle avoided the terrible Tartars invasion with 1624 year, whenas of this parade marked traces were the heaps of ashes and the rubbles of neighbouring villages where the grass did not it overgrow even.

      The Secend world war brought Tuliglowy it can it so tragical harvest, as in neighbouring hamlets it however it was felt was her equally severe. Already in 1941 r. for possession radio and hiding became protects taken away to concentration camp priest Potoczny Karol and Joseph Potoczny. John in forest was shot Ciuba, and administrator in the same year in Dachau was murdered yet parish priest Stanislaw Kolodziej. In March 1943 on pastors was murdered Wladysław Selwa, the parish-priest of parish.

      It secondly the world war in neighbourhood Tuliglowy it was uncovered was the powerful deposits of earth gas. Thenceforward village started unreeling resilience. Old households with her landscape began disappearing, and new, beautiful houses came into being. In 1971 year I will grill over parish and shrine hugged Fathers Michalits. New school was built. And church and men, as by ages, pilgrimages on holiday of the The Virgin Mary Assumption accept from whole neighbourhood annually.

      The Tuliglowy are the old village, which of source written exchange already in XIV in. Conducted archaeological investigations shew unquestionably, that Tuliglowy, and the closest terrains of this village were already rather living in IX – XII age and that he existed here defensive town in distance ok. 1 kilometre south from hamlet, on the highest hill coated forest. Fortified object was built at the beginning XII here in. The fortified castle earlier existed here strongly with final phaze of early Middle Ages. He was then the defensive town about comparatively large sizes, servants in period of dangers as refuge for neighbouring population. It it was it been possible was to infer it that he was built was in tribal times and from at a run years yet it was enlarged and alter the system of insurances. One should to add, that terrains these were from X the age reason many of rolled down wars among Russia, Hungary and Poland, therefore the building of suchlike of towns made up something in kind of preservative forts for population and the protection before enemy. Such towns are in different localities also.

      They the Resarch of earth consolidations being in village Tuliglowy under Jaroslaw proved existence in this place of defensive manor. They be laid in Northern part of village on called Embankment riverside hill Borusz. The Fortalicjum be built on plan of square about sides of length 80 m. 4 round basteje in hips stood from angular wooden towers. Gateway was in the middle jednej line of walls (curtain). Ramparts the whole be rimmed ( easterly until three lines – then remainder after castle) as well as moat. Stockade covered main rampart.

      History of miraculous the Our Lady’s painting it is very long. We do not it know nor his author unfortunately, nor the exact time of rise. With money transfer of tradition know so much, that the occupants borderland Kudrenice, looking for in XIV age of refuge before invasions the Tartars they, about 1393 year arrived in these sides bringing, one’s the most valuable treasure – Immaculate Madonny’s Painting – and here „they hugged their heads ”. Priest passes on first spacious report about Painting Dionizy Jaguscinski in book „Wonders and Grace the Virgin Mary’s in Painting Church”, given in year 1769 in Cracow. It records words: Painting of immaculate Conception The Virgin Mary be brought from village Kudrenice, from Podolia country, from behind Kamieniec and situated it is in great Altar Church from former summers. In this report author be bases however exclusively on oral money transfers, which they place arrival painting in XIV age. However we find in acts data about existence cult bishops’ inspection, coming from from XVII and XVIII age. Bishop Jerry Denhoff in year 1699 records in acts after inspection, that „painting be pleases with special worship … numerous mercies and care be well-known, pilgrims which receive thereon place in their needs ”. Yet more about cult the Virgin Mary we in this place can find out from files after inspection of bishop Hieronim’s Sierakawski with year 1744. Documents these affirm that the mercies were the cause of popularity of painting Our Lady’s and the wonders, what faithful they received for her mediation here.

      Since when the Virgin Mary she stood up on local the ground, she spilled abundant mercies on one’s nation. First modest, more and more then magnificent church for Her was built. It it beautiful altars for Her were executed was was, and devout men, as thanks for mercy, folded votes, they attached it to painting. Probably in XVI or XVII age on figure Our Lady’s and the Child the Christian piety put on the, static leaving whole image uncovered silver dresses. It the different values round painting, on altar and on walls of temple were hung was, as word of gratitude. Also in this time, in year 1763, Bozogrobcy it will dismiss first small pictures Our Lady . Priest Waclaw from Sulgostow in one’s book, given in Cracow in 1902 year, this small picture describes so: „Painting: Our Lady with Child Jesus on right heand, in whole figure – it stands on moon, from all quarters rays, Crown Our Lady two little angels support. Child Jesus keeps on globe right handle from cross. The frame box in mountain bent the and among them the cross Bozogrobcy (Miechowici), and in lots in side angles the frame boxes on shields the coat of arms Pilawa and the coat of arms Mniszchow (here aside some monogram). Signature: < The Virgin Mary Mother Jesus’s full Love, in diseases, in nuisances experienced Consoler, in church under Przemysl. Canon. Reg. Christ grave and in hereditary goods I. O. Jeym. P. Ludwiki from Mniszchow (sic) Potocka H. W. K. K. K. from 102 years God’s Graces being famous. Decree. They. Priest Sierakowski thereon Biskupa’s time announced and published, and now in alive Portrait R. 1763 copied >. The coats of arms: cross Miechowici (in mountain) – Potoccy and Mniszchow in lots. Painting copperplate 15 x 9,5 ”. ( quoted for author text)and, what faithful they received for Her mediation here.

      Ad finem XVIII age of Sanctuary in Tuliglowy it survived the splendid development. New, brick temple came into being, pilgrims wanted to their Mother. Many expensive votes on offence were hung. It was tried about coronation of Wonderful Painting also. The catastrophe came along with tzw. the religious reforms, introduced by emperor of Austria, Joseph II in 1782 year unexpectedly. Then expensive votes from church vault were robbed. It painting was not it spared was also: it gold-plated dresses and votes were have torn off was from him silver roughly, wounds soil podobrazia about what else in 1966 year testified. In the face of was apper political situation and financial it did not it stay to protect nothing of different, directly the profaned painting temporarily. It purplish red velvet at the beginning XIX age painting was curtained was was, and wooden dresses on holy figures were had put on, gold-plated after the manner of painter’s ducat gold – leaving visible only faces and hand the Virgin Mary and Jesus. In such the figure the painting survived till XX age and to be this maybe guarded him before more far profanations or the destruction in time of long summers of annexations?!

      Already in 1744 year, for government of Waclaw bishop Hieronim Sierakowski, the curators the Sanctuary – Bozogrobcy, they undertook the endeavour about coronation being famous the wonders of painting. The matter went on long, and kasata of monastic post as well as despoilment in 1819 year the painting during religious reforms, they worse dismissed date of coronation. It was successful to realize intention this really at the beginning XX age. Of the the time parish-priest, Priest Ludwik Kozlowski (1885 – 1935), it enlivens the service towards the Our Lady’s worship non Immaculate conceived, it furnih the solemn church fetes, it distributes the small pictures, it makes the a list the wonders and mercy. In 1908 year it organizes parish missions, which lead Jesuit Fathers . On their end, 8 September 1908 year writes to Watykańskiej Kapituły request about permission on coronation of miraculous Painting. It after the obtainment from Holy See of Coronation Decree given 29 November 1908 year, the preparations were begun was to great ceremony. executed the coronation St. Joseph Sebastian Pelczar, of the the time przemyski bishop, near numerous part faithful 8 September 1909 year in holiday Birth Virgin Mary. Opportunities thereon were prepared painting by „improvement ” the distortion of primitive appearance of face holy figures caused in result his visible fragments, what. Put on in XIX age of velvet does not it it is possible will pull down, because – how Priest writes Jaroslaw Rejowicz in pamphlet with 1909 year – the static image, paint on tree (…) knocked it is from very former the red velvet, and the Our Lady’s figure the cover the carved in tree dress, along with the circumjacent rays the Blessed Virgin, fast to painting thorughly, so that picture of these decorations would threaten the the whole of holy relic.

      Occupies the Statut whole height of painting standing frontally Mary with naked Child Jesus on right hand, which the apple in left hand possesses and right it raises in gesture the blessing. These holy figures’ bodies be well-kept in natural colouring, and faces have on cheeks light pink. From under golden crown, supported per capita Mary by floaty two, dressed in white and pink the and white-blue garments, angels flow down on Her backs the abundant, wavy strands of golden hair. Overcoat God’s dressed in red dress mother be covered navy blue lively rose throw. Overcoat has green lining and be polished with golden trimming. The Mary’s stands on thin sickle of moon the folds of overcoat which be obtected partly. Child and Madonny’s heads surround gold halos, underlined with gentle lineal ornament. Open crown be worked out similarly, resting per capita Mary.

      Main scene be showed on background of green oval from changes, individual twigs and leaves as well as bright oval frame be rimmed, folding with rays about shape swords and elongated flamy languages. The static image in upper corners is gold, and in bottom ocher with brown shadows, underlining the plasticity the gilt rays of oval frame and half-moon.

      It Our Lady’s offences with Child, from parish church in Tuliglowy, it was one should was to group the Apolitical Madonna well-known who are’s performances also under different qualifications, as: Assunta, Madonna in Glorii, or Mulier amicta salts. The source these the images the state the fragment twelfth the chapter of Apocalipse St. John, where we find the description the introduced event:

      Then great sign appeared in the sky: Besieged in the sun and moon under her alloys woman, and on her head wreath from stars twelf. And it is big… And stood up Dragon before having to give birth Woman in order to as soon as it will give birth, to devour her Child. And she gave birth son… And fight happened in the sky: Michael and his angels had to fight with Dragon; and he stepped out to fight Dragon and his angels, but did not it defeat and already oneself place for them in sky did not it find; and great dragon, antique Snake was pushed down, which it be calls devil and satan…” (Ap 12, l — 2a. 4b — 5a. 7 — 9)

      Standing on half-moon who gave birth Son’s of God rimmed with radiant oval frame Mather how the sun, having per capita crown from twelf stars – this often occurrent przedstawieniowy type non the Blessed Virgin mmaculate. The cult of immaculate Conception Mary he disseminated oneself in world already in XIII and XIV age. It was many his followers, but he had enemies also. The given at council in Basel decree to support of discussed matter contributed with 17 November 1439 the pope’s as well as constitutions year Sykstusa IV of summers 1476 and 1480. Also in Poland, in circles the Cracovian Jagiellońskiej Wszechnicy, they rolled oneself the obstinate disputes on above mentioned subject. Is very probable, that they inspired creators to exercise of talked over performances of immaculate Conception just Mary.

      Examples of Apolitical Madonny’s images be well-known in mediaeval painting of Malopolska, np. being in Diocese’s Museum in Tarnow painting from Orthodox church (1460 year), painting from Przydonicy (1450 — 1460), or from Paczoltowice (1460 — 1470). Poor Clare in Stary Sacz they keep small sizes painting (1440 year), which different performance of subject of immaculate Conception makes up somewhat: Background Mary with Child be showed on gold and it stands on dragon which in jaws keeps apple.

      Bogarodzica in painting steps out on background of green oval which links to paradisiacal garden, and kept by Child apple more yet strongly underlines with paradise relationship. There, according to description of Exodus (3,1 — 7), the satan won persuading, Adam and Eve to it break the fruit; here – the victory took the place by prospective in paradise of the Women’s Descendant (3,14), which she stamped out the snake’s head. New Adam – Christ by perfect obedience Father repaired this, which destroyed first Adam’s disobedience (from here fruit in Child’s hand). Mary meanwhile she became second Eva because she had contributed by her maternity cashable the plan of redemption of world. Trampled by Her moon – the symbol of evil, Her rule over satan marks

      It talked over painting from parish church in Tuliglowy it was one should was to group Apolitical Madonna’s performances, victorious Queen which with reason recess her on Mother’s Saviour, she was kept from original sin and his results.

      Stylistic analysis, as well as technological investigations during preservation, they permit to qualify on final period the time of rise of painting XV age. The professor Gadomski the time in one’s publication shoves the rise even at the beginning age XVI. No gives oneself therefore the to bear well-known with tradition thesis about XIV – the eternal origin of talked over painting from terrains Podole. It walked there about some different painting which did not it remain to our times probably. He it could not then be even the painting about similar subject, for at present worshiped picture, because the type iconographic Assunty he appeared oneself in art Polish really in 2 half XV age – and therefore almost about hundred years later, than the well-known with legend exodus of occupants of Podolians village which had bring with me the painting.

      If this consider the fact of assumption of parish Tuliglowy by Bozogrobcy (year 1446), one it was possible to to put hypothesis, that painting became by them imported to parish, and he could to to come into being in some workshop Cracovian or in that environment. The state he the doubtless very valuable relic of of Little Poland the guild’s painting XV age.

      History of miraculous the Our Lady’s painting it is very long. We do not it know nor his author unfortunately, nor the exact time of rise. With money transfer of tradition know so much, that the occupants borderland Kudrenice, looking for in XIV age of refuge before invasions the Tartars they, about 1393 year arrived in these sides bringing, one’s the most valuable treasure – Immaculate Madonny’s Painting – and here „they hugged their heads ”. Priest passes on first spacious report about Painting Dionizy Jaguscinski in book „Wonders and Grace the Virgin Mary’s in Painting Church”, given in year 1769 in Cracow. It records words: Painting of immaculate Conception The Virgin Mary be brought from village Kudrenice, from Podolia country, from behind Kamieniec and situated it is in great Altar Church from former summers. In this report author be bases however exclusively on oral money transfers, which they place arrival painting in XIV age. However we find in acts data about existence cult bishops’ inspection, coming from from XVII and XVIII age. Bishop Jerry Denhoff in year 1699 records in acts after inspection, that „painting be pleases with special worship … numerous mercies and care be well-known, pilgrims which receive thereon place in their needs ”. Yet more about cult the Virgin Mary we in this place can find out from files after inspection of bishop Hieronim’s Sierakawski with year 1744. Documents these affirm that the mercies were the cause of popularity of painting Our Lady’s and the wonders, what faithful they received for her mediation here.



      Our Lady.

      Since when the Virgin Mary she stood up on local the ground, she spilled abundant mercies on one’s nation. First modest, more and more then magnificent church for Her was built. It it beautiful altars for Her were executed was was, and devout men, as thanks for mercy, folded votes, they attached it to painting. Probably in XVI or XVII age on figure Our Lady’s and the Child the Christian piety put on the, static leaving whole image uncovered silver dresses. It the different values round painting, on altar and on walls of temple were hung was, as word of gratitude. Also in this time, in year 1763, Bozogrobcy it will dismiss first small pictures Our Lady . Priest Waclaw from Sulgostow in one’s book, given in Cracow in 1902 year, this small picture describes so: „Painting: Our Lady with Child Jesus on right heand, in whole figure – it stands on moon, from all quarters rays, Crown Our Lady two little angels support. Child Jesus keeps on globe right handle from cross. The frame box in mountain bent the and among them the cross Bozogrobcy (Miechowici), and in lots in side angles the frame boxes on shields the coat of arms Pilawa and the coat of arms Mniszchow (here aside some monogram). Signature: < The Virgin Mary Mother Jesus’s full Love, in diseases, in nuisances experienced Consoler, in church under Przemysl. Canon. Reg. Christ grave and in hereditary goods I. O. Jeym. P. Ludwiki from Mniszchow (sic) Potocka H. W. K. K. K. from 102 years God’s Graces being famous. Decree. They. Priest Sierakowski thereon Biskupa’s time announced and published, and now in alive Portrait R. 1763 copied >. The coats of arms: cross Miechowici (in mountain) – Potoccy and Mniszchow in lots. Painting copperplate 15 x 9,5 ”. ( quoted for author text)and, what faithful they received for Her mediation here.

      Ad finem XVIII age of Sanctuary in Tuliglowy it survived the splendid development. New, brick temple came into being, pilgrims wanted to their Mother. Many expensive votes on offence were hung. It was tried about coronation of Wonderful Painting also. The catastrophe came along with tzw. the religious reforms, introduced by emperor of Austria, Joseph II in 1782 year unexpectedly. Then expensive votes from church vault were robbed. It painting was not it spared was also: it gold-plated dresses and votes were have torn off was from him silver roughly, wounds soil podobrazia about what else in 1966 year testified. In the face of was apper political situation and financial it did not it stay to protect nothing of different, directly the profaned painting temporarily. It purplish red velvet at the beginning XIX age painting was curtained was was, and wooden dresses on holy figures were had put on, gold-plated after the manner of painter’s ducat gold – leaving visible only faces and hand the Virgin Mary and Jesus. In such the figure the painting survived till XX age and to be this maybe guarded him before more far profanations or the destruction in time of long summers of annexations?!



      Original Painting was obtected in XIX age purplish red material and wooden, gold-plated dresses.

      Already in 1744 year, for government of Waclaw bishop Hieronim Sierakowski, the curators the Sanctuary – Bozogrobcy, they undertook the endeavour about coronation being famous the wonders of painting. The matter went on long, and kasata of monastic post as well as despoilment in 1819 year the painting during religious reforms, they worse dismissed date of coronation. It was successful to realize intention this really at the beginning XX age. Of the the time parish-priest, Priest Ludwik Kozlowski (1885 – 1935), it enlivens the service towards the Our Lady’s worship non Immaculate conceived, it furnih the solemn church fetes, it distributes the small pictures, it makes the a list the wonders and mercy. In 1908 year it organizes parish missions, which lead Jesuit Fathers . On their end, 8 September 1908 year writes to Watykańskiej Kapituły request about permission on coronation of miraculous Painting. It after the obtainment from Holy See of Coronation Decree given 29 November 1908 year, the preparations were begun was to great ceremony. executed the coronation St. Joseph Sebastian Pelczar, of the the time przemyski bishop, near numerous part faithful 8 September 1909 year in holiday Birth Virgin Mary. Opportunities thereon were prepared painting by „improvement ” the distortion of primitive appearance of face holy figures caused in result his visible fragments, what. Put on in XIX age of velvet does not it it is possible will pull down, because – how Priest writes Jaroslaw Rejowicz in pamphlet with 1909 year – the static image, paint on tree (…) knocked it is from very former the red velvet, and the Our Lady’s figure the cover the carved in tree dress, along with the circumjacent rays the Blessed Virgin, fast to painting thorughly, so that picture of these decorations would threaten the the whole of holy relic.

      W such state the painting survived until to time of thorough preservation, conducted in year 1966.



      Painting Crowning in 1909 year.


      Painting Our Lady’s- description


      Described painting from parish church in Tuliglowy painted it is technique sharpen on linden podobraziu about dimensions 91 x 69 centimetres.

      Occupies the Statut whole height of painting standing frontally Mary with naked Child Jesus on right hand, which the apple in left hand possesses and right it raises in gesture the blessing. These holy figures’ bodies be well-kept in natural colouring, and faces have on cheeks light pink. From under golden crown, supported per capita Mary by floaty two, dressed in white and pink the and white-blue garments, angels flow down on Her backs the abundant, wavy strands of golden hair. Overcoat God’s dressed in red dress mother be covered navy blue lively rose throw. Overcoat has green lining and be polished with golden trimming. The Mary’s stands on thin sickle of moon the folds of overcoat which be obtected partly. Child and Madonny’s heads surround gold halos, underlined with gentle lineal ornament. Open crown be worked out similarly, resting per capita Mary.

      Main scene be showed on background of green oval from changes, individual twigs and leaves as well as bright oval frame be rimmed, folding with rays about shape swords and elongated flamy languages. The static image in upper corners is gold, and in bottom ocher with brown shadows, underlining the plasticity the gilt rays of oval frame and half-moon.


      Contained contents in Painting



      It Our Lady’s offences with Child, from parish church in Tuliglowy, it was one should was to group the Apolitical Madonna well-known who are’s performances also under different qualifications, as: Assunta, Madonna in Glorii, or Mulier amicta salts. The source these the images the state the fragment twelfth the chapter of Apocalipse St. John, where we find the description the introduced event:

      Then great sign appeared in the sky: Besieged in the sun and moon under her alloys woman, and on her head wreath from stars twelf. And it is big… And stood up Dragon before having to give birth Woman in order to as soon as it will give birth, to devour her Child. And she gave birth son… And fight happened in the sky: Michael and his angels had to fight with Dragon; and he stepped out to fight Dragon and his angels, but did not it defeat and already oneself place for them in sky did not it find; and great dragon, antique Snake was pushed down, which it be calls devil and satan…” (Ap 12, l — 2a. 4b — 5a. 7 — 9)

      Standing on half-moon who gave birth Son’s of God rimmed with radiant oval frame Mather how the sun, having per capita crown from twelf stars – this often occurrent przedstawieniowy type non the Blessed Virgin mmaculate. The cult of immaculate Conception Mary he disseminated oneself in world already in XIII and XIV age. It was many his followers, but he had enemies also. The given at council in Basel decree to support of discussed matter contributed with 17 November 1439 the pope’s as well as constitutions year Sykstusa IV of summers 1476 and 1480. Also in Poland, in circles the Cracovian Jagiellońskiej Wszechnicy, they rolled oneself the obstinate disputes on above mentioned subject. Is very probable, that they inspired creators to exercise of talked over performances of immaculate Conception just Mary.

      Examples of Apolitical Madonny’s images be well-known in mediaeval painting of Malopolska, np. being in Diocese’s Museum in Tarnow painting from Orthodox church (1460 year), painting from Przydonicy (1450 — 1460), or from Paczoltowice (1460 — 1470). Poor Clare in Stary Sacz they keep small sizes painting (1440 year), which different performance of subject of immaculate Conception makes up somewhat: Background Mary with Child be showed on gold and it stands on dragon which in jaws keeps apple.

      Bogarodzica in painting steps out on background of green oval which links to paradisiacal garden, and kept by Child apple more yet strongly underlines with paradise relationship. There, according to description of Exodus (3,1 — 7), the satan won persuading, Adam and Eve to it break the fruit; here – the victory took the place by prospective in paradise of the Women’s Descendant (3,14), which she stamped out the snake’s head. New Adam – Christ by perfect obedience Father repaired this, which destroyed first Adam’s disobedience (from here fruit in Child’s hand). Mary meanwhile she became second Eva because she had contributed by her maternity cashable the plan of redemption of world. Trampled by Her moon – the symbol of evil, Her rule over satan marks



      In 1966 year Painting primitive appearance was restored.

      It talked over painting from parish church in Tuliglowy it was one should was to group Apolitical Madonna’s performances, victorious Queen which with reason recess her on Mother’s Saviour, she was kept from original sin and his results.

      Stylistic analysis, as well as technological investigations during preservation, they permit to qualify on final period the time of rise of painting XV age. The professor Gadomski the time in one’s publication shoves the rise even at the beginning age XVI. No gives oneself therefore the to bear well-known with tradition thesis about XIV – the eternal origin of talked over painting from terrains Podole. It walked there about some different painting which did not it remain to our times probably. He it could not then be even the painting about similar subject, for at present worshiped picture, because the type iconographic Assunty he appeared oneself in art Polish really in 2 half XV age – and therefore almost about hundred years later, than the well-known with legend exodus of occupants of Podolians village which had bring with me the painting.

      If this consider the fact of assumption of parish Tuliglowy by Bozogrobcy (year 1446), one it was possible to to put hypothesis, that painting became by them imported to parish, and he could to to come into being in some workshop Cracovian or in that environment. The state he the doubtless very valuable relic of of Little Poland the guild’s painting XV age.


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Danuta Janina Wójcik
      Podolia Coat of Arms - Sun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PB_Podolia_CoA.png ... From: Danuta Janina Wójcik To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com Sent:
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        Podolia Coat of Arms - Sun


        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PB_Podolia_CoA.png
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: Danuta Janina Wójcik
        To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:46 PM
        Subject: Koniuszki Królewskie and Tuligłowy


        Witam,

        The village of Tuligłowy, gmina Rokietnica, was part of gmina Pruchnik, powiat Jarosław and has been there for centuries and I have no doubt that the village of Tuligłowy, gmina Komarno took on the same village name during the Tartar era. The "Shrine of the Immaculate Mother of Good Hope" is located in gmina Rokietnica and the parish is called St. Nicholas. The shrine (icon/picture) is the main alter.
        The (Icon) of Our Lady of Tuligłowy was known to perform miracles during the Tartar era (14th century).


        Explanation of the name (Tuli/Tulić - to cuddle/nestle/hug - głowy - head) = Tuligłowy

        The Icon/Picture - Note: the Tartar Star and the Moon around Our Lady.

        http://www.sanktuarium.tuliglowy.pl/?page_id=19


        Some of my ancestors from Wegierka were parishoners at this church in Tuligłowy, gmina Rokietnica.

        PODOLIA

        Podolia, Ukrainian Podillya, region, western Ukraine, south of Volhynia and extending between the rivers Dniester and Southern Buh. The name Podolia appeared in the 14th century when the Poles began to colonize the area. Except for a period in the late 17th century when it was held by the Ottoman Turks, it was under Polish rule until 1772. Then the part west of the Zbruch River became Austrian; the rest became a province of Russia in 1793. After World War I the region continued to be divided at the Zbruch, between Poland and the Soviet Union. After World War II it was entirely incorporated into the Soviet Union, forming part of the western Ukrainian S.S.R. Its population always had a Ukrainian majority.
        http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/465788/Podolia

        http://www.tuliglowy.pl/

        In English (not too bad), the legend/history:
        TULIGLOWY – village laid between Pruchnik and Rokietnica; south from Jaroslaw, in tiny canyon between knolls, it owes name his unusual event. How legend tells, when in XIV in. they on eastern the grounds of The Republic of Poland assaulted Tartars, sowing conflagration, death and captivity, from Podolian village Kudrenice men ran away and concealed oneself in local forests. Here, among impassable forests, near mountain Borusz, they sheltered their heads under new settlement of huts. „They hugged ” here their heads and they became, and along with them name and first of all GOD’S MOTHER’s miraculous painting IMMACULATE, which with me they brought. Hung on poplar Madonny’s offences, to from here Mary she watched and blessed their families.

        Legend about beginnings this locality tells so much. And facts?

        Beginning of this village does not it differ for histories many the similar localities, what came into being in period of great colonization of age XIV. the colonial Law village this received after year 1340. First the owner Tuliglowy and Rudolowice, Nicholas Mzurowski the wooden church in 1393 r. builds under the invocation his patron, st. of the Bishop’s Nicholas. He became with parish church several years later, in year 1396. First founder’s sons, John and Nicholas, they give back in care temple the Canon’s of The Christ Grave (Bozogrobcy). It accepts with all contiguities and earnings foundation this in 1446 year priest John Oczko, General Order.

        The Bloody fates the ground in XVII lid partly avoided only Tuliglowy, they with which miracle avoided the terrible Tartars invasion with 1624 year, whenas of this parade marked traces were the heaps of ashes and the rubbles of neighbouring villages where the grass did not it overgrow even.

        The Secend world war brought Tuliglowy it can it so tragical harvest, as in neighbouring hamlets it however it was felt was her equally severe. Already in 1941 r. for possession radio and hiding became protects taken away to concentration camp priest Potoczny Karol and Joseph Potoczny. John in forest was shot Ciuba, and administrator in the same year in Dachau was murdered yet parish priest Stanislaw Kolodziej. In March 1943 on pastors was murdered Wladysław Selwa, the parish-priest of parish.

        It secondly the world war in neighbourhood Tuliglowy it was uncovered was the powerful deposits of earth gas. Thenceforward village started unreeling resilience. Old households with her landscape began disappearing, and new, beautiful houses came into being. In 1971 year I will grill over parish and shrine hugged Fathers Michalits. New school was built. And church and men, as by ages, pilgrimages on holiday of the The Virgin Mary Assumption accept from whole neighbourhood annually.

        The Tuliglowy are the old village, which of source written exchange already in XIV in. Conducted archaeological investigations shew unquestionably, that Tuliglowy, and the closest terrains of this village were already rather living in IX – XII age and that he existed here defensive town in distance ok. 1 kilometre south from hamlet, on the highest hill coated forest. Fortified object was built at the beginning XII here in. The fortified castle earlier existed here strongly with final phaze of early Middle Ages. He was then the defensive town about comparatively large sizes, servants in period of dangers as refuge for neighbouring population. It it was it been possible was to infer it that he was built was in tribal times and from at a run years yet it was enlarged and alter the system of insurances. One should to add, that terrains these were from X the age reason many of rolled down wars among Russia, Hungary and Poland, therefore the building of suchlike of towns made up something in kind of preservative forts for population and the protection before enemy. Such towns are in different localities also.

        They the Resarch of earth consolidations being in village Tuliglowy under Jaroslaw proved existence in this place of defensive manor. They be laid in Northern part of village on called Embankment riverside hill Borusz. The Fortalicjum be built on plan of square about sides of length 80 m. 4 round basteje in hips stood from angular wooden towers. Gateway was in the middle jednej line of walls (curtain). Ramparts the whole be rimmed ( easterly until three lines – then remainder after castle) as well as moat. Stockade covered main rampart.

        History of miraculous the Our Lady’s painting it is very long. We do not it know nor his author unfortunately, nor the exact time of rise. With money transfer of tradition know so much, that the occupants borderland Kudrenice, looking for in XIV age of refuge before invasions the Tartars they, about 1393 year arrived in these sides bringing, one’s the most valuable treasure – Immaculate Madonny’s Painting – and here „they hugged their heads ”. Priest passes on first spacious report about Painting Dionizy Jaguscinski in book „Wonders and Grace the Virgin Mary’s in Painting Church”, given in year 1769 in Cracow. It records words: Painting of immaculate Conception The Virgin Mary be brought from village Kudrenice, from Podolia country, from behind Kamieniec and situated it is in great Altar Church from former summers. In this report author be bases however exclusively on oral money transfers, which they place arrival painting in XIV age. However we find in acts data about existence cult bishops’ inspection, coming from from XVII and XVIII age. Bishop Jerry Denhoff in year 1699 records in acts after inspection, that „painting be pleases with special worship … numerous mercies and care be well-known, pilgrims which receive thereon place in their needs ”. Yet more about cult the Virgin Mary we in this place can find out from files after inspection of bishop Hieronim’s Sierakawski with year 1744. Documents these affirm that the mercies were the cause of popularity of painting Our Lady’s and the wonders, what faithful they received for her mediation here.

        Since when the Virgin Mary she stood up on local the ground, she spilled abundant mercies on one’s nation. First modest, more and more then magnificent church for Her was built. It it beautiful altars for Her were executed was was, and devout men, as thanks for mercy, folded votes, they attached it to painting. Probably in XVI or XVII age on figure Our Lady’s and the Child the Christian piety put on the, static leaving whole image uncovered silver dresses. It the different values round painting, on altar and on walls of temple were hung was, as word of gratitude. Also in this time, in year 1763, Bozogrobcy it will dismiss first small pictures Our Lady . Priest Waclaw from Sulgostow in one’s book, given in Cracow in 1902 year, this small picture describes so: „Painting: Our Lady with Child Jesus on right heand, in whole figure – it stands on moon, from all quarters rays, Crown Our Lady two little angels support. Child Jesus keeps on globe right handle from cross. The frame box in mountain bent the and among them the cross Bozogrobcy (Miechowici), and in lots in side angles the frame boxes on shields the coat of arms Pilawa and the coat of arms Mniszchow (here aside some monogram). Signature: < The Virgin Mary Mother Jesus’s full Love, in diseases, in nuisances experienced Consoler, in church under Przemysl. Canon. Reg. Christ grave and in hereditary goods I. O. Jeym. P. Ludwiki from Mniszchow (sic) Potocka H. W. K. K. K. from 102 years God’s Graces being famous. Decree. They. Priest Sierakowski thereon Biskupa’s time announced and published, and now in alive Portrait R. 1763 copied >. The coats of arms: cross Miechowici (in mountain) – Potoccy and Mniszchow in lots. Painting copperplate 15 x 9,5 ”. ( quoted for author text)and, what faithful they received for Her mediation here.

        Ad finem XVIII age of Sanctuary in Tuliglowy it survived the splendid development. New, brick temple came into being, pilgrims wanted to their Mother. Many expensive votes on offence were hung. It was tried about coronation of Wonderful Painting also. The catastrophe came along with tzw. the religious reforms, introduced by emperor of Austria, Joseph II in 1782 year unexpectedly. Then expensive votes from church vault were robbed. It painting was not it spared was also: it gold-plated dresses and votes were have torn off was from him silver roughly, wounds soil podobrazia about what else in 1966 year testified. In the face of was apper political situation and financial it did not it stay to protect nothing of different, directly the profaned painting temporarily. It purplish red velvet at the beginning XIX age painting was curtained was was, and wooden dresses on holy figures were had put on, gold-plated after the manner of painter’s ducat gold – leaving visible only faces and hand the Virgin Mary and Jesus. In such the figure the painting survived till XX age and to be this maybe guarded him before more far profanations or the destruction in time of long summers of annexations?!

        Already in 1744 year, for government of Waclaw bishop Hieronim Sierakowski, the curators the Sanctuary – Bozogrobcy, they undertook the endeavour about coronation being famous the wonders of painting. The matter went on long, and kasata of monastic post as well as despoilment in 1819 year the painting during religious reforms, they worse dismissed date of coronation. It was successful to realize intention this really at the beginning XX age. Of the the time parish-priest, Priest Ludwik Kozlowski (1885 – 1935), it enlivens the service towards the Our Lady’s worship non Immaculate conceived, it furnih the solemn church fetes, it distributes the small pictures, it makes the a list the wonders and mercy. In 1908 year it organizes parish missions, which lead Jesuit Fathers . On their end, 8 September 1908 year writes to Watykańskiej Kapituły request about permission on coronation of miraculous Painting. It after the obtainment from Holy See of Coronation Decree given 29 November 1908 year, the preparations were begun was to great ceremony. executed the coronation St. Joseph Sebastian Pelczar, of the the time przemyski bishop, near numerous part faithful 8 September 1909 year in holiday Birth Virgin Mary. Opportunities thereon were prepared painting by „improvement ” the distortion of primitive appearance of face holy figures caused in result his visible fragments, what. Put on in XIX age of velvet does not it it is possible will pull down, because – how Priest writes Jaroslaw Rejowicz in pamphlet with 1909 year – the static image, paint on tree (…) knocked it is from very former the red velvet, and the Our Lady’s figure the cover the carved in tree dress, along with the circumjacent rays the Blessed Virgin, fast to painting thorughly, so that picture of these decorations would threaten the the whole of holy relic.

        Occupies the Statut whole height of painting standing frontally Mary with naked Child Jesus on right hand, which the apple in left hand possesses and right it raises in gesture the blessing. These holy figures’ bodies be well-kept in natural colouring, and faces have on cheeks light pink. From under golden crown, supported per capita Mary by floaty two, dressed in white and pink the and white-blue garments, angels flow down on Her backs the abundant, wavy strands of golden hair. Overcoat God’s dressed in red dress mother be covered navy blue lively rose throw. Overcoat has green lining and be polished with golden trimming. The Mary’s stands on thin sickle of moon the folds of overcoat which be obtected partly. Child and Madonny’s heads surround gold halos, underlined with gentle lineal ornament. Open crown be worked out similarly, resting per capita Mary.

        Main scene be showed on background of green oval from changes, individual twigs and leaves as well as bright oval frame be rimmed, folding with rays about shape swords and elongated flamy languages. The static image in upper corners is gold, and in bottom ocher with brown shadows, underlining the plasticity the gilt rays of oval frame and half-moon.

        It Our Lady’s offences with Child, from parish church in Tuliglowy, it was one should was to group the Apolitical Madonna well-known who are’s performances also under different qualifications, as: Assunta, Madonna in Glorii, or Mulier amicta salts. The source these the images the state the fragment twelfth the chapter of Apocalipse St. John, where we find the description the introduced event:

        Then great sign appeared in the sky: Besieged in the sun and moon under her alloys woman, and on her head wreath from stars twelf. And it is big… And stood up Dragon before having to give birth Woman in order to as soon as it will give birth, to devour her Child. And she gave birth son… And fight happened in the sky: Michael and his angels had to fight with Dragon; and he stepped out to fight Dragon and his angels, but did not it defeat and already oneself place for them in sky did not it find; and great dragon, antique Snake was pushed down, which it be calls devil and satan…” (Ap 12, l — 2a. 4b — 5a. 7 — 9)

        Standing on half-moon who gave birth Son’s of God rimmed with radiant oval frame Mather how the sun, having per capita crown from twelf stars – this often occurrent przedstawieniowy type non the Blessed Virgin mmaculate. The cult of immaculate Conception Mary he disseminated oneself in world already in XIII and XIV age. It was many his followers, but he had enemies also. The given at council in Basel decree to support of discussed matter contributed with 17 November 1439 the pope’s as well as constitutions year Sykstusa IV of summers 1476 and 1480. Also in Poland, in circles the Cracovian Jagiellońskiej Wszechnicy, they rolled oneself the obstinate disputes on above mentioned subject. Is very probable, that they inspired creators to exercise of talked over performances of immaculate Conception just Mary.

        Examples of Apolitical Madonny’s images be well-known in mediaeval painting of Malopolska, np. being in Diocese’s Museum in Tarnow painting from Orthodox church (1460 year), painting from Przydonicy (1450 — 1460), or from Paczoltowice (1460 — 1470). Poor Clare in Stary Sacz they keep small sizes painting (1440 year), which different performance of subject of immaculate Conception makes up somewhat: Background Mary with Child be showed on gold and it stands on dragon which in jaws keeps apple.

        Bogarodzica in painting steps out on background of green oval which links to paradisiacal garden, and kept by Child apple more yet strongly underlines with paradise relationship. There, according to description of Exodus (3,1 — 7), the satan won persuading, Adam and Eve to it break the fruit; here – the victory took the place by prospective in paradise of the Women’s Descendant (3,14), which she stamped out the snake’s head. New Adam – Christ by perfect obedience Father repaired this, which destroyed first Adam’s disobedience (from here fruit in Child’s hand). Mary meanwhile she became second Eva because she had contributed by her maternity cashable the plan of redemption of world. Trampled by Her moon – the symbol of evil, Her rule over satan marks

        It talked over painting from parish church in Tuliglowy it was one should was to group Apolitical Madonna’s performances, victorious Queen which with reason recess her on Mother’s Saviour, she was kept from original sin and his results.

        Stylistic analysis, as well as technological investigations during preservation, they permit to qualify on final period the time of rise of painting XV age. The professor Gadomski the time in one’s publication shoves the rise even at the beginning age XVI. No gives oneself therefore the to bear well-known with tradition thesis about XIV – the eternal origin of talked over painting from terrains Podole. It walked there about some different painting which did not it remain to our times probably. He it could not then be even the painting about similar subject, for at present worshiped picture, because the type iconographic Assunty he appeared oneself in art Polish really in 2 half XV age – and therefore almost about hundred years later, than the well-known with legend exodus of occupants of Podolians village which had bring with me the painting.

        If this consider the fact of assumption of parish Tuliglowy by Bozogrobcy (year 1446), one it was possible to to put hypothesis, that painting became by them imported to parish, and he could to to come into being in some workshop Cracovian or in that environment. The state he the doubtless very valuable relic of of Little Poland the guild’s painting XV age.

        History of miraculous the Our Lady’s painting it is very long. We do not it know nor his author unfortunately, nor the exact time of rise. With money transfer of tradition know so much, that the occupants borderland Kudrenice, looking for in XIV age of refuge before invasions the Tartars they, about 1393 year arrived in these sides bringing, one’s the most valuable treasure – Immaculate Madonny’s Painting – and here „they hugged their heads ”. Priest passes on first spacious report about Painting Dionizy Jaguscinski in book „Wonders and Grace the Virgin Mary’s in Painting Church”, given in year 1769 in Cracow. It records words: Painting of immaculate Conception The Virgin Mary be brought from village Kudrenice, from Podolia country, from behind Kamieniec and situated it is in great Altar Church from former summers. In this report author be bases however exclusively on oral money transfers, which they place arrival painting in XIV age. However we find in acts data about existence cult bishops’ inspection, coming from from XVII and XVIII age. Bishop Jerry Denhoff in year 1699 records in acts after inspection, that „painting be pleases with special worship … numerous mercies and care be well-known, pilgrims which receive thereon place in their needs ”. Yet more about cult the Virgin Mary we in this place can find out from files after inspection of bishop Hieronim’s Sierakawski with year 1744. Documents these affirm that the mercies were the cause of popularity of painting Our Lady’s and the wonders, what faithful they received for her mediation here.



        Our Lady.

        Since when the Virgin Mary she stood up on local the ground, she spilled abundant mercies on one’s nation. First modest, more and more then magnificent church for Her was built. It it beautiful altars for Her were executed was was, and devout men, as thanks for mercy, folded votes, they attached it to painting. Probably in XVI or XVII age on figure Our Lady’s and the Child the Christian piety put on the, static leaving whole image uncovered silver dresses. It the different values round painting, on altar and on walls of temple were hung was, as word of gratitude. Also in this time, in year 1763, Bozogrobcy it will dismiss first small pictures Our Lady . Priest Waclaw from Sulgostow in one’s book, given in Cracow in 1902 year, this small picture describes so: „Painting: Our Lady with Child Jesus on right heand, in whole figure – it stands on moon, from all quarters rays, Crown Our Lady two little angels support. Child Jesus keeps on globe right handle from cross. The frame box in mountain bent the and among them the cross Bozogrobcy (Miechowici), and in lots in side angles the frame boxes on shields the coat of arms Pilawa and the coat of arms Mniszchow (here aside some monogram). Signature: < The Virgin Mary Mother Jesus’s full Love, in diseases, in nuisances experienced Consoler, in church under Przemysl. Canon. Reg. Christ grave and in hereditary goods I. O. Jeym. P. Ludwiki from Mniszchow (sic) Potocka H. W. K. K. K. from 102 years God’s Graces being famous. Decree. They. Priest Sierakowski thereon Biskupa’s time announced and published, and now in alive Portrait R. 1763 copied >. The coats of arms: cross Miechowici (in mountain) – Potoccy and Mniszchow in lots. Painting copperplate 15 x 9,5 ”. ( quoted for author text)and, what faithful they received for Her mediation here.

        Ad finem XVIII age of Sanctuary in Tuliglowy it survived the splendid development. New, brick temple came into being, pilgrims wanted to their Mother. Many expensive votes on offence were hung. It was tried about coronation of Wonderful Painting also. The catastrophe came along with tzw. the religious reforms, introduced by emperor of Austria, Joseph II in 1782 year unexpectedly. Then expensive votes from church vault were robbed. It painting was not it spared was also: it gold-plated dresses and votes were have torn off was from him silver roughly, wounds soil podobrazia about what else in 1966 year testified. In the face of was apper political situation and financial it did not it stay to protect nothing of different, directly the profaned painting temporarily. It purplish red velvet at the beginning XIX age painting was curtained was was, and wooden dresses on holy figures were had put on, gold-plated after the manner of painter’s ducat gold – leaving visible only faces and hand the Virgin Mary and Jesus. In such the figure the painting survived till XX age and to be this maybe guarded him before more far profanations or the destruction in time of long summers of annexations?!



        Original Painting was obtected in XIX age purplish red material and wooden, gold-plated dresses.

        Already in 1744 year, for government of Waclaw bishop Hieronim Sierakowski, the curators the Sanctuary – Bozogrobcy, they undertook the endeavour about coronation being famous the wonders of painting. The matter went on long, and kasata of monastic post as well as despoilment in 1819 year the painting during religious reforms, they worse dismissed date of coronation. It was successful to realize intention this really at the beginning XX age. Of the the time parish-priest, Priest Ludwik Kozlowski (1885 – 1935), it enlivens the service towards the Our Lady’s worship non Immaculate conceived, it furnih the solemn church fetes, it distributes the small pictures, it makes the a list the wonders and mercy. In 1908 year it organizes parish missions, which lead Jesuit Fathers . On their end, 8 September 1908 year writes to Watykańskiej Kapituły request about permission on coronation of miraculous Painting. It after the obtainment from Holy See of Coronation Decree given 29 November 1908 year, the preparations were begun was to great ceremony. executed the coronation St. Joseph Sebastian Pelczar, of the the time przemyski bishop, near numerous part faithful 8 September 1909 year in holiday Birth Virgin Mary. Opportunities thereon were prepared painting by „improvement ” the distortion of primitive appearance of face holy figures caused in result his visible fragments, what. Put on in XIX age of velvet does not it it is possible will pull down, because – how Priest writes Jaroslaw Rejowicz in pamphlet with 1909 year – the static image, paint on tree (…) knocked it is from very former the red velvet, and the Our Lady’s figure the cover the carved in tree dress, along with the circumjacent rays the Blessed Virgin, fast to painting thorughly, so that picture of these decorations would threaten the the whole of holy relic.

        W such state the painting survived until to time of thorough preservation, conducted in year 1966.



        Painting Crowning in 1909 year.


        Painting Our Lady’s- description


        Described painting from parish church in Tuliglowy painted it is technique sharpen on linden podobraziu about dimensions 91 x 69 centimetres.

        Occupies the Statut whole height of painting standing frontally Mary with naked Child Jesus on right hand, which the apple in left hand possesses and right it raises in gesture the blessing. These holy figures’ bodies be well-kept in natural colouring, and faces have on cheeks light pink. From under golden crown, supported per capita Mary by floaty two, dressed in white and pink the and white-blue garments, angels flow down on Her backs the abundant, wavy strands of golden hair. Overcoat God’s dressed in red dress mother be covered navy blue lively rose throw. Overcoat has green lining and be polished with golden trimming. The Mary’s stands on thin sickle of moon the folds of overcoat which be obtected partly. Child and Madonny’s heads surround gold halos, underlined with gentle lineal ornament. Open crown be worked out similarly, resting per capita Mary.

        Main scene be showed on background of green oval from changes, individual twigs and leaves as well as bright oval frame be rimmed, folding with rays about shape swords and elongated flamy languages. The static image in upper corners is gold, and in bottom ocher with brown shadows, underlining the plasticity the gilt rays of oval frame and half-moon.


        Contained contents in Painting



        It Our Lady’s offences with Child, from parish church in Tuliglowy, it was one should was to group the Apolitical Madonna well-known who are’s performances also under different qualifications, as: Assunta, Madonna in Glorii, or Mulier amicta salts. The source these the images the state the fragment twelfth the chapter of Apocalipse St. John, where we find the description the introduced event:

        Then great sign appeared in the sky: Besieged in the sun and moon under her alloys woman, and on her head wreath from stars twelf. And it is big… And stood up Dragon before having to give birth Woman in order to as soon as it will give birth, to devour her Child. And she gave birth son… And fight happened in the sky: Michael and his angels had to fight with Dragon; and he stepped out to fight Dragon and his angels, but did not it defeat and already oneself place for them in sky did not it find; and great dragon, antique Snake was pushed down, which it be calls devil and satan…” (Ap 12, l — 2a. 4b — 5a. 7 — 9)

        Standing on half-moon who gave birth Son’s of God rimmed with radiant oval frame Mather how the sun, having per capita crown from twelf stars – this often occurrent przedstawieniowy type non the Blessed Virgin mmaculate. The cult of immaculate Conception Mary he disseminated oneself in world already in XIII and XIV age. It was many his followers, but he had enemies also. The given at council in Basel decree to support of discussed matter contributed with 17 November 1439 the pope’s as well as constitutions year Sykstusa IV of summers 1476 and 1480. Also in Poland, in circles the Cracovian Jagiellońskiej Wszechnicy, they rolled oneself the obstinate disputes on above mentioned subject. Is very probable, that they inspired creators to exercise of talked over performances of immaculate Conception just Mary.

        Examples of Apolitical Madonny’s images be well-known in mediaeval painting of Malopolska, np. being in Diocese’s Museum in Tarnow painting from Orthodox church (1460 year), painting from Przydonicy (1450 — 1460), or from Paczoltowice (1460 — 1470). Poor Clare in Stary Sacz they keep small sizes painting (1440 year), which different performance of subject of immaculate Conception makes up somewhat: Background Mary with Child be showed on gold and it stands on dragon which in jaws keeps apple.

        Bogarodzica in painting steps out on background of green oval which links to paradisiacal garden, and kept by Child apple more yet strongly underlines with paradise relationship. There, according to description of Exodus (3,1 — 7), the satan won persuading, Adam and Eve to it break the fruit; here – the victory took the place by prospective in paradise of the Women’s Descendant (3,14), which she stamped out the snake’s head. New Adam – Christ by perfect obedience Father repaired this, which destroyed first Adam’s disobedience (from here fruit in Child’s hand). Mary meanwhile she became second Eva because she had contributed by her maternity cashable the plan of redemption of world. Trampled by Her moon – the symbol of evil, Her rule over satan marks



        In 1966 year Painting primitive appearance was restored.

        It talked over painting from parish church in Tuliglowy it was one should was to group Apolitical Madonna’s performances, victorious Queen which with reason recess her on Mother’s Saviour, she was kept from original sin and his results.

        Stylistic analysis, as well as technological investigations during preservation, they permit to qualify on final period the time of rise of painting XV age. The professor Gadomski the time in one’s publication shoves the rise even at the beginning age XVI. No gives oneself therefore the to bear well-known with tradition thesis about XIV – the eternal origin of talked over painting from terrains Podole. It walked there about some different painting which did not it remain to our times probably. He it could not then be even the painting about similar subject, for at present worshiped picture, because the type iconographic Assunty he appeared oneself in art Polish really in 2 half XV age – and therefore almost about hundred years later, than the well-known with legend exodus of occupants of Podolians village which had bring with me the painting.

        If this consider the fact of assumption of parish Tuliglowy by Bozogrobcy (year 1446), one it was possible to to put hypothesis, that painting became by them imported to parish, and he could to to come into being in some workshop Cracovian or in that environment. The state he the doubtless very valuable relic of of Little Poland the guild’s painting XV age.


        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.