Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Inquiry on role of the "Muzh doveriya"

  • antiquariu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2004
      Dear list members,

      In doing some research, I am trying to figure out the role of the "Muzh
      doveriya,"  German: Vertrauensmann or Polish: Notariusz.  Under the
      Austro-Hungarian, this appears to be  the Polish Notariusz, but what was the
      role during WWII?  At least in the Halychyna, these folks were appointed
      by the Ukrainian Central/National Committee (Sheptyt'skyy), and served
      alongside the Soltys at the village level.

      Thanks in advance,

      Vova Hindrichs

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2004
        antiquariu@... wrote:

        > Dear list members,
        >
        > In doing some research, I am trying to figure out the role of the "Muzh
        > doveriya,"  German: Vertrauensmann or Polish: Notariusz.  Under the
        > Austro-Hungarian, this appears to be  the Polish Notariusz, but what was the
        > role during WWII?  At least in the Halychyna, these folks were appointed
        > by the Ukrainian Central/National Committee (Sheptyt'skyy), and served
        > alongside the Soltys at the village level.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Vova Hindrichs

        *******

        Hello Vova,

        The Ukrainian Central Committee (Ukrainskyi tsentralnyi komitet,
        UTsK) was the sanctioned Ukrainian community organization within the
        Nazi's Generlgouvernement. The position you cited was the notary
        public.