Re: Greek Catholic Reocords Galacia

  • Garry
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 28, 2012
      Not easily. Usually it involves taking many trips to Family Research centers run by the LDS. Your quickest bet may be to find a researcher in Ukraine - I did with good results. By the way, the Basaraba is in my family tree, though my info is limited. What village did they come from?

      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "winchimes22002" <winchimes22002@...> wrote:

      > Is there anyway of viewing Greek Catholic/Ruthenian church records online. I would like to search for mine Dymetro Basaraba around 1886. Anna Antoniuk 1896. I would like to find baptism, birth records.

    • Mary Ann
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 30, 2012
        Garry

             I sent some personal info about myself and my family in the hope that your mother/father were a sister or brother of my grandpa Dymetro Basaraba
        to your email. Basically where the original homestead was generally.

      • Lolly Kozak
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 30, 2012
          Is there a way to view the records online? I get the message that I can only view them at a Family History Center.
          Lolly

          To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
          From: Lkrupnak@...
          Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:38:29 +0000
          Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Greek Catholic Reocords Galacia

          /

          Here are the records which are available on-line:

          https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1®ion=EUROPE

          /

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
            /

            Some GC parish records are on-line. Everybody...read:

            Go to the Ukraine section.

            _________

            Lavrentiy

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
              /

              Oh...I see the issue. What does "online" mean to different people? For some, online means available via the computer (i.e., not have to travel to an archive or order microfilm, etc.). For others, "online" means can I be at home at the computer in your underwear, or even less like I am now, and do research.

              The current set of online GC records are available via the computer but you currently need to put your clothes on a travel to a LDS Famiuly History Center or be a member of an authorized LDS organization.

            • bluetea54@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
                TMI

                For others, "online" means can I be at home at the computer in your underwear, or even less like I am now, and do research.

                Oh...I see the issue. What does "online" mean to different people? For some, online means available via the computer (i.e., not have to travel to an archive or order microfilm, etc.). For others, "online" means can I be at home at the computer in your underwear, or even less like I am now, and do research.

                The current set of online GC records are available via the computer but you currently need to put your clothes on a travel to a LDS Famiuly History Center or be a member of an authorized LDS organization.

                > Some GC parish records are on-line. Everybody...read:

                > Go to the Ukraine section.
                >

                > _________
                >
                > Lavrentiy
                >

                > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Lolly Kozak <lolky95@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Is there a way to view the records online? I get the message that I can only view them at a Family History Center.
                > > Lolly
                > >
                > > To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: Lkrupnak@
                > > Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:38:29 +0000
                > > Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Greek Catholic Reocords Galacia

                > > /
                > >

                > > Here are the records which are available on-line:
                > >

                > > https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1%c2%aeion=EUROPE
                > >

                > > /
                > >

                > > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "winchimes22002" <winchimes22002@> wrote:
                > >

                > > > Is there anyway of viewing Greek Catholic/Ruthenian church records online. I would like to search for mine Dymetro Basaraba around 1886. Anna Antoniuk 1896. I would like to find baptism, birth records.

              • Chris Smolinski
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
                  Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this or not - but these records are not just Greek Catholic. There appear to be Roman Catholic records mixed in, as well.

                  On Dec 31, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Laurence wrote:

                  > /
                  >

                  > Oh...I see the issue. What does "online" mean to different people? For some, online means available via the computer (i.e., not have to travel to an archive or order microfilm, etc.). For others, "online" means can I be at home at the computer in your underwear, or even less like I am now, and do research.
                  >
                  > The current set of online GC records are available via the computer but you currently need to put your clothes on a travel to a LDS Famiuly History Center or be a member of an authorized LDS organization.

                  Chris Smolinski
                  Black Cat Systems
                  http://www.blackcatsystems.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
                    /

                    TMI means Too Much Information

                    Not really...it's good to know what people understand and what they mean.

                    /

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
                      /

                      Does Family Search.org know that? Appears that they don't.

                      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Chris Smolinski <csmolinski@...> wrote:

                      > Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this or not - but these records are not just Greek Catholic. There appear to be Roman Catholic records mixed in, as well.
                      >
                      > On Dec 31, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Laurence wrote:
                      >
                      > > /
                      > >

                      > > Oh...I see the issue. What does "online" mean to different people? For some, online means available via the computer (i.e., not have to travel to an archive or order microfilm, etc.). For others, "online" means can I be at home at the computer in your underwear, or even less like I am now, and do research.
                      > >
                      > > The current set of online GC records are available via the computer but you currently need to put your clothes on a travel to a LDS Famiuly History Center or be a member of an authorized LDS organization.
                      > >
                      > > _______
                      > >
                      > > Lavrentiy
                      > >

                      > Chris Smolinski
                      > Black Cat Systems
                      > http://www.blackcatsystems.com

                    • Maria Picker
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 31, 2012
                        Hi Laurence

                        I hope you had a good christmas and a happy new year.

                        I was wondering if you knew which records from the LDS organisation would have greek catholic marriages in Lviv for 1940 - 1941 for St Georges Cathederal.

                        Regards

                        Maria

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 1, 2013
                          Hello Maria,

                          LDS FHL has the following Saint George Cathedral (L'viv) records on microfilm:

                          https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=1472700&disp=Metrical+books &columns=*,0,0

                          These maybe Cathedral records too...not sure. They are Orthodox records. Saint George Cathedral was at one time Orthodox (during Soviet-era):

                          https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=1546808&disp=Metrical+books &columns=*,0,0

                          The above from:

                          https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=topicdetails&subject=390124&subject_disp=Poland%2C+Lw%26%23xf3%3Bw%2C+Lw%26%23xf3%3Bw+%28Lw%26%23xf3%3Bw%29+%2D+Church+records&columns=*,0,0

                          check the entire list.

                          Also check:

                          https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localityhitlist&columns=*%2C0%2C0&PLACE=Lwow&PARTOF=&prePLACE=Lwow&prePARTOF=

                          https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=topicdetails&subject=904424&subject_disp=Poland%2C+Lw%26%23xf3%3Bw+%2D+Church+records&columns=*,0,0

                          https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=topicdetails&subject=1165104&subject_disp=Poland%2C+Lw%26%23xf3%3Bw%2C+Lw%26%23xf3%3Bw+%28Dekanat%29+%2D+Church+records&columns=*,0,0

                          https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=topicdetails&subject=1205616&subject_disp=Austria%2C+Galizien%2C+Lemberg+%28Lemberg+Umgebung%29+%2D+Civil+registration&columns=*,0,0