Re: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Wojciechowski family birth/death records

  • STAN WISNIEWSKI
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
      Thank you for responding and  hopefully helping this novice navigate through this search. You're correct as my mother had often mentioned going to church in Rozdol which was a few kilometers from their home.  I did check the catalog link you provided for Rozdol and it shows (9) results. The first is (1)Austria, followed by (1)Poland and (7) entries for Ukraine. How should I proceed?  My mother, the youngest of 7, was born in July 1919 and I can only guess that her mother was born around 1870-1890 and her brothers and sisters between 1900-1918.

      Best regards,
      Stan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2012
        Czesc Stan,

        For birth years you are looking for you will have to write or e-mail AGAD:

        http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en&mode=showopis&id=2099&miejscowosc=Rozd%c3%b3%c5%82

        http://www.agad.archiwa.gov.pl/

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2012
          Hello Stan,

          LDS FHL has the following Rozdol RC parish records on microfilms:
          Metrical books, 1686-1885.

          So, as Danuta provided, you need to contact the Polish State Archive in Warsaw to get post 1885 records.

          The LDS microfilms might have the birth record of your grandmother (you gave 1870 - 1890 as a birth year period, which is extremely wide). Isn't it possible to zoom in on a smaller time frame based on births of her siblings (some born 1900 - 1918)?

          LDS has:

          authors: Roman Catholic Church. Rozdół (Mikołajów)
          format: Manuscript/Manuscript on Film
          language: Latin, Polish
          publication: Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971-2005
          physical: on 5 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
          references: (See Also) Metrical books
          (See Also) Metrical books
          (See Also) Metrical books

          Notes
          Microreproduction of original manuscripts at the State Archives, Warsaw, Poland and at the Central State Historical Archives of Ukraine in L′viv.

          Roman Catholic Church records (births, marriages, deaths) for Rozdoł (Mikołajów), Galizien, Austria; later Rozdoł (Żydaczów), Stanisławów, Poland; now Rozdol, Mykolaïv, L′viv, Ukraine. May include surrounding villages within the parish. Text in Latin and Polish.

          Record group 618, series 2, files 1600-1606, 2556.

          Subjects
          Austria, Galizien, Rozdół (Mikołajów) - Church records
          Poland, Stanisławów, Rozdół (Żydaczów) - Church records
          Україна, Львів, Миколаїв, Роздол - Метричні книги
          Ukraine, L′viv, Mykolaïv, Rozdol - Church records

          Film Notes
          Note Location Film
          Births 1686-1784 -- Deaths 1737-1784 -- Marriages, deaths 1774-1784 Family History Library INTL Film 766085 Items 6 - 8
          Births 1686-1774 Family History Library INTL Film 2328849 Item 7
          Births 1834-1873 Family History Library INTL Film 2328849 Item 8
          Births 1873-1884 Family History Library INTL Film 2328849 Item 9
          Deaths 1737-1784 Family History Library INTL Film 2328849 Item 10
          Marriages 1774-1784 -- Deaths 1774-1784 Family History Library INTL Film 2328849 Item 11
          Volume 618-2/1600 Births, marriages, deaths 1830-1832 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 10
          Volume 618-2/1601 Births, marriages, deaths 1835-1836 -- Births, marriages 1837 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 11
          Volume 618-2/1602 Deaths 1837 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1838-1839 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 12
          Volume 618-2/1603 Births, marriages, deaths 1840-1841 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1843 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 13
          Volume 618-2/1604 Births, marriages, deaths 1843 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1846 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1848 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 14
          Volume 618-2/1605 Births, marriages, deaths 1849-1852 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 15
          Volume 618-2/1606 Births, marriages 1853 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 16
          Volume 618-2/1606 (cont.) Deaths 1853 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1861-1863 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1865 Granite Mountain Record Vault INTL Film 1409931 Item 1
          Volume 618-2/2556 Births, marriages, deaths 1870-1885 (some years missing) Family History Library INTL B1 Overflow 2398542 Item 4

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2012

            PSA (Warsaw) has:

            Rozdół rzymskokatolickie małżeństwa 1774-1784
            Rozdół rzymskokatolickie małżeństwa 1872-1908, 1913, 1919
            Rozdół rzymskokatolickie urodzenia 1686-1774
            Rozdół rzymskokatolickie urodzenia 1834-1884
            Rozdół rzymskokatolickie urodzenia 1885-1925
            Rozdół rzymskokatolickie zgony 1737-1784

> [...]
            > Volume 618-2/1605 Births, marriages, deaths 1849-1852 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 15
            > Volume 618-2/1606 Births, marriages 1853 Family History Library INTL Access Services Window 1409930 Item 16
            > Volume 618-2/1606 (cont.) Deaths 1853 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1861-1863 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1865 Granite Mountain Record Vault INTL Film 1409931 Item 1
            > Volume 618-2/2556 Births, marriages, deaths 1870-1885 (some years missing) Family History Library INTL B1 Overflow 2398542 Item 4
            >

            > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Danuta Janina Wójcik <sandlily@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Czesc Stan,
            > >
            > > For birth years you are looking for you will have to write or e-mail AGAD:

          • STAN WISNIEWSKI
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2012
              Dobry wieczor Danuta,
              I  was wondering if you personally have had any success with AGAD and PRADZIAD? Do they respond in English?  Since I'm just starting out researching, are the records by year or also cross referenced by name?

              My Polish writing and reading skill level is unfortunately very basic. I am encouraged that these sites are available and could possibly provide some answers. Someone on an earlier post identified the Roman Catholic church in Rozdol by name as Trojcy Przenajswietszej (Most Holy Trinity) ??  When I mentioned the name to my mothershe was delighted that I was able to find this information and that she remembered it after nearly 75 yrs.
              Regards,

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
                Czesc Stan,

                I have known people that have had success with AGAD and some with no success. I am delighted to hear that your mother remembered the name of the church.

                It is best to write in Polish, follow this writing guide and pick out the appropriate sentences that best suit your requirements. Remember to include your address in your e-mail.

                http://www.pgsa.org/EducationalCenter/polishletterwriting.php

                milego wieczoru

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012
                  Stan,

                  Registration of vital statistics in church books are in chronological order. So, the better time estimate of an event which you provide to archive people will help lower the bill. Yes, Polish Archive charge for their service.

                  *Some* parish books have indexes. Maybe annual indexes, maybe index for periods of time. .