Re: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Brzezawa Village/Town Name Help

  • Roman
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2012
      Danuta,

      Blazejowsky's Schematism claims that Brzezawa was a filial parish under
      Lipa until 1930 at which time it became independent.

      Roman

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2012
        Photos of Saint Michael in Brzezawa

        http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Saint_Michael_Archangel_church_in_Brze%C5%BCawa

        http://zdjecia.docelu.pl/zdjecie-okolica.html?lat=49.6803&lon=22.3507&pid=17139&title=Brzezawa-cerkiew-sw-Michala-Archaniola&ticaid=6f4c9

        /

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2012
          /

          Status of Michael the Archangel within various religions:

          http://tinyurl.com/lwdx7

          > Photos of Saint Michael in Brzezawa
          >
          > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Saint_Michael_Archangel_church_in_Brze%C5%BCawa
          >

          > http://zdjecia.docelu.pl/zdjecie-okolica.html?lat=49.6803&lon=22.3507&pid=17139&title=Brzezawa-cerkiew-sw-Michala-Archaniola&ticaid=6f4c9
          >

          > /
          >
          > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Roman <romankal@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Danuta,
          > >
          > > Blazejowsky's Schematism claims that Brzezawa was a filial parish under
          > > Lipa until 1930 at which time it became independent.
          > >
          > > Roman
          > >
          > > On 10/6/2012 10:11 AM, Danuta Janina Wójcik wrote:
          > > >

          > > > The G.C. Parish was in Brzezawa and not in Lipa.
          > > >
          > > > village: Brzeżawa
          > > >
          > > > gmina Bircza, county dobromilski, voivodeship lwowskie
          > > > Roman Catholic parishes:
          > > > a.. Leszczawa Dolna sw. Jana Chrzciciela
          > > > Greek Catholic parishes:
          > > > a.. Brzeżawa sw. Michala

        • Danuta Janina Wójcik
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2012
            Czesc Roman,

            ok. thank you for the info. Yes, St. Michael's Church was in Brzezawa and belonged to the parish in Lipa. Lipa was 7kms.... very close to Brzezawa.

            More info. Google translate:

            Brzeżawa

            http://www.bircza.pl/asp/pl_start.asp?typ=14&sub=5&menu=46&strona=1

            The village lies in a valley west of Bircza, about 7 km from Lipa. It was established at the beginning of the fifteenth century, the existence of information gosh pierwŹszy once appeared with the date 1464. The village belonged to the goods then birczań States. The year 1843 was built the church of St. Michael ArŹchanioła. Inside are preserved polychrome figural and przedŹsionku icon of Christ Teaching in the eighteenth century
            in the nineteenth century, was owned by Louis Dobrzynski and Kazimierz Gazdowicza.
            Approximately 2 miles from the church at the source of a creek flowing into the Good is "OIL". Here there is oil on the surface, where the local population is used for farming purposes. These are also the source of salt used for cooking salt and lime deposits.
            families live in the village Mazurkas, its members are known for their arts and crafts. Their work can be seen at exhibitions museum in Sanok, in Rzeszów and New Sacz. You Mazurkowie before the war lived in Bukovina. After the deportation of 1,956 years back and bought a house in Brzeżawie. Nicholas Mazurek (1908) is a carpenter, sculptor, and poet luthier.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2012
              --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Danuta Janina Wójcik <sandlily@...> wrote:

              > Czesc Roman,
              >
              > ok. thank you for the info. Yes, St. Michael's Church was in Brzezawa and belonged to the parish in Lipa. Lipa was 7kms.... very close to Brzezawa.

              /

              This is another example to not only consult the Lenius genealogical gazetteer to obtain the location of the Greek Catholic parish one needs to search for. For Brzezawa one needs the Lipa and Brzezawa books. The Lenius gazetteer implies that only the Lipa books need to be sought.

            • jpyeron@juno.com

                Blazejowsky's Schematism claims that Brzezawa was a filial parish under
                Lipa until 1930 at which time it became independent.

                Roman

                On 10/6/2012 10:11 AM, Danuta Janina Wójcik wrote:

                > The G.C. Parish was in Brzezawa and not in Lipa.
                >
                > village: Brzeżawa
                >
                > gmina Bircza, county dobromilski, voivodeship lwowskie
                > Roman Catholic parishes:
                > a.. Leszczawa Dolna sw. Jana Chrzciciela
                > Greek Catholic parishes:
                > a.. Brzeżawa sw. Michala

                Woman is 53 But Looks 25
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5071c6dde9ae46dc5249st03vuc
              • keblack2
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 2012
                  I want to thank everyone who has answered my questions and sent me such wonderful information! You don't know how happy and excited I am right now! Thank you so much!

                  Kathleen Black