Re: Need Help Reading Manifest! (Still.... sigh)

    Message 1 of 88 , Aug 1, 2012

      I have Lenius' Galician gazetteer. I have been trying to find a Korczyn or Korczyna near a place that looks like the Lxxxxxx place and no luck yet.

      There is also the Jewishgen gazetteer. It allows a search for all places with 30 miles of another place:

      http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocRad.asp

      Your information about Jablonki, Lisko district is leading me to Korczyna near Krosno is your place. The othert Korczyna near Gorlice had no Rusyns.

      We threw out the Korczyns in Ukraine as possible candidates.

      Lavrentiy

      Message 88 of 88 , Sep 27, 2012

        US Library of Congress has the symbols sheets (map legend).

        University of Wisconsin at Milwaukie Map Room has the sheets too.