My Mother's relatives from the village Chodaky near Kremenets

  • ph.schapel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2012
      My mother died on December 7th 2011 but I dont have much info on her family. Her maiden name was Melnischuk and her mother's maiden name was Lesnichuk. She was born on April 7th 1925. She had 2 sisters and 2 brothers one of whom was in the USSR navy. One brother was killed in a motor bike accident.SHe was taken to Germany as slave labour in 1941. Her mother and siblings were taken to SIberia, Vologda, after the Russian invasion. Her father , Demian died in 1948- she was told that the Russian's shot him because he was a captain in the Ukrainian army. She married Mychajlo Rebij in Germany and they ahd 2 daughters when they migrated to Australi in 1948 from German laboutr camp. My name is Helen and my sister is Olga.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2012
        /

        A more useful spelling of your village (that is in terms of finding information) is Khodaki. Khodaki is located 21.2 miles ENE of Kremenets.

        Let us know if LDS FHL has any records for Khodaki.