Re: Jozef Panasiewicz; Dolina Ukraine

  • aposlosky
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 1, 2012
      Lavrentiy and Alan,

      Just my 2 cents here in re the comment about Santorum contraception....he did not say that; the guy who dontated money to Santorum's campaign said it. It is a remark taken out of context. And, a poor choice of words for the person who did say it; can't recall his name.
      Surely we have all found women in our ancestry who had a child out of wedlock. In those days the woman was scorned and talked about like she was trash....compared to today's young women, they were all saints...today they need $3000 to pay for contraceptives while doing their year in college...just on TV tonight. For every woman who went astray, there was a man involved. Were men consided saintly for making a woman pregnant? Haven't we all read that men often came to the US and left their wife behind in the vllage...on his return there, murder the wife before coming back to the US. Now that was real moral. Well, I said way too much and can't wait to be bombarded with the responses.

      Ann

      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <ajk.colorado@...> wrote:

      > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Laurence" <Lkrupnak@> wrote:
      >
      > . . .. Franciszka was no angel herself...a women who didn't mind having multiple affairs. She needed Santorum contraception... Bayer aspirin between the knees. ;-)
      >
      > Dear St. Lavrentiy
      >
      > You normally provide wonderful and helpful assistance on these boards. But please, before you solicit "scandalous information" only to provide a misguided, inappropriate, and frankly inaccurate comment about the "morals" of anyone in my family, please use your alleged Christian values and pause before hitting the "send" button. Sometimes the backspace key is a wiser choice. If you are aware of any documentation of "multiple" affairs solicited by my grandmother, please let me know.
      >
      > Secondly, your asinine parroting of the "aspirin between the knees" ignorance is also disrespectful to my family and women in general. There is absolutely no evidence that my grandmother was spreading her legs wantonly. Since there is no evidence of Jozef staying long in Pittsfield and disappeared just as quickly, provides some consideration that this could have been a situation of rape. Please Lavrentiy, I can't wait to see how funny and flippant you consider rape can be. Maybe she needed two aspirins between her knees.
      >
      > To continue your quest for "scandal", I originally preferred not to provide irrelevant details of the situation, but since you are so easily amused with the morals of less saintly families than your own, I'll continue, but with my apologies to the rest of the group.
      >
      > When my grandmother arrived in Pittsfield, she was in the company of her shipboard relatives - Zofia Kania Gorny and her year-old son, Wladyslaw. Within a few months of the trio joining Zofia's husband and other relatives in Pittsfield, Jan Gorny believed his wife was "taking up with a border" and challenged her fidelity.
      >
      > According to several newspaper accounts I found (the surname was spelt "Garny"), Zofia denied any relationship with the unnamed boarder. She gathered up the clothes line, wrapped one end around a coat hook in the hallway and the other around her neck. She then leaned forward until the noose SLOWLY strangled her -- normally the drop from the gallows will snap a person's neck and that's how they die. Zofia's hanging was an extremely slow and painful way to die - a person will naturally fight for air, so it's very likely her flailing was violent and horribly long in duration. The newspaper accounts referred to a suicide note that reiterated her innocence in the matter. An exhaustive search of the Berkshire County court system failed to come up with the letter. In 1913, a woman had little chance of prosecuting a rape charge against an assailant because the courts often thought a woman was "looking to be raped." Obviously, to some people, nearly a century of enlightenment hasn't taken hold.

> [...]
    • Ann Poslosky
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 2, 2012
        Amen to that. Ann