Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine

Expand Messages
  • fedorah72
    Hello, My name is Arlene and I m searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello,
      My name is Arlene and I'm searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853 and passed away in about 1927 in Lipine, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know his first wife's name (which happens to be my great grandfather's mother) but his second wife was Wasylene Chytyk who was born in October of 1878 and passed away in about 1954. His second wife was born in Babin, Chernivtsi, Ukraine. They immigrated from Ukraine to Canada via Liverpool, England in 1902 and one of the children with them was my great grandfather Peter Balon. He was born July 7, in 1892 or 1893 in Galicia. I have information that Peter's brother Ivan (Ywan or John) was born in August of 1879 in Kitsman', Chernivtsi, Ukraine. I can then assume that my great grand father was also born there. They also had a brother William (Bill) who was born in about 1891 and a sister Mary who was born in about 1885.

      If anyone finds these names familiar and knows of any living relatives still in Ukraine, we are planning a trip to Ukraine in July and I would like nothing more than to meet these relatives. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
    • Laurence
      / Babin is located north-northwest of Kitsman: http://www.bukovinasociety.org/map1910.html _________ Lavrentiy
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        /


        Babin is located north-northwest of Kitsman:

        http://www.bukovinasociety.org/map1910.html


        _________

        Lavrentiy
        --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "fedorah72" <fedorah72@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hello,
        > My name is Arlene and I'm searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853 and passed away in about 1927 in Lipine, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know his first wife's name (which happens to be my great grandfather's mother) but his second wife was Wasylene Chytyk who was born in October of 1878 and passed away in about 1954. His second wife was born in Babin, Chernivtsi, Ukraine. They immigrated from Ukraine to Canada via Liverpool, England in 1902 and one of the children with them was my great grandfather Peter Balon. He was born July 7, in 1892 or 1893 in Galicia. I have information that Peter's brother Ivan (Ywan or John) was born in August of 1879 in Kitsman', Chernivtsi, Ukraine. I can then assume that my great grand father was also born there. They also had a brother William (Bill) who was born in about 1891 and a sister Mary who was born in about 1885.
        >
        > If anyone finds these names familiar and knows of any living relatives still in Ukraine, we are planning a trip to Ukraine in July and I would like nothing more than to meet these relatives. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
        >
      • Jo K
        My gut kept leaning towards this one also. Thank you for the map confirming this gut feeling. I believe this will be the selo we will visit when we go in July.
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          My gut kept leaning towards this one also. Thank you for the map confirming this gut feeling. I believe this will be the selo we will visit when we go in July. Thank you for all of your assistance. You have been very, very helpful. I greatly appreciate it.

          I didn't think it was the one in Ivano-Frankivsk because my aunt said that the village wasn't far from Chernivtsi. The only reason I thought it "might" be the one spelled Babyne was because it appeared closer to Chernivtsi then the one named Babyn that is located north west of Kitsman. I feel confident that we'll be visiting the correct village.

          You have been a wealth of knowledge for me!!!! Do you know of any other message boards that may assist me in attempting to find living relatives in Ukraine?

          Sincerely,
          Arlene


          ________________________________
          From: Laurence <Lkrupnak@...>
          To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:30:54 PM
          Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine


           

          /

          Babin is located north-northwest of Kitsman:

          http://www.bukovinasociety.org/map1910.html

          _________

          Lavrentiy
          --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "fedorah72" <fedorah72@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hello,
          > My name is Arlene and I'm searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853 and passed away in about 1927 in Lipine, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know his first wife's name (which happens to be my great grandfather's mother) but his second wife was Wasylene Chytyk who was born in October of 1878 and passed away in about 1954. His second wife was born in Babin, Chernivtsi, Ukraine. They immigrated from Ukraine to Canada via Liverpool, England in 1902 and one of the children with them was my great grandfather Peter Balon. He was born July 7, in 1892 or 1893 in Galicia. I have information that Peter's brother Ivan (Ywan or John) was born in August of 1879 in Kitsman', Chernivtsi, Ukraine. I can then assume that my great grand father was also born there. They also had a brother William (Bill) who was born in about 1891 and a sister Mary who was born in about 1885.
          >
          > If anyone finds these names familiar and knows of any living relatives still in Ukraine, we are planning a trip to Ukraine in July and I would like nothing more than to meet these relatives. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
          >




          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Laurence
          / LDS has the Babin records on microfilm...there you can find information about your ancestors. Vladimir on this group can find your living relatives. _____
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            /


            LDS has the Babin records on microfilm...there you can find information about your ancestors.

            Vladimir on this group can find your living relatives.

            _____

            Lavrentiy



            --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Jo K <fedorah72@...> wrote:
            >
            > My gut kept leaning towards this one also. Thank you for the map confirming this gut feeling. I believe this will be the selo we will visit when we go in July. Thank you for all of your assistance. You have been very, very helpful. I greatly appreciate it.
            >
            > I didn't think it was the one in Ivano-Frankivsk because my aunt said that the village wasn't far from Chernivtsi. The only reason I thought it "might" be the one spelled Babyne was because it appeared closer to Chernivtsi then the one named Babyn that is located north west of Kitsman. I feel confident that we'll be visiting the correct village.
            >
            > You have been a wealth of knowledge for me!!!! Do you know of any other message boards that may assist me in attempting to find living relatives in Ukraine?
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > Arlene
            >
            >
            > ________________________________
            > From: Laurence <Lkrupnak@...>
            > To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
            > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:30:54 PM
            > Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine
            >
            >
            >  
            >
            > /
            >
            > Babin is located north-northwest of Kitsman:
            >
            > http://www.bukovinasociety.org/map1910.html
            >
            > _________
            >
            > Lavrentiy
            > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "fedorah72" <fedorah72@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > > My name is Arlene and I'm searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853 and passed away in about 1927 in Lipine, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know his first wife's name (which happens to be my great grandfather's mother) but his second wife was Wasylene Chytyk who was born in October of 1878 and passed away in about 1954. His second wife was born in Babin, Chernivtsi, Ukraine. They immigrated from Ukraine to Canada via Liverpool, England in 1902 and one of the children with them was my great grandfather Peter Balon. He was born July 7, in 1892 or 1893 in Galicia. I have information that Peter's brother Ivan (Ywan or John) was born in August of 1879 in Kitsman', Chernivtsi, Ukraine. I can then assume that my great grand father was also born there. They also had a brother William (Bill) who was born in about 1891 and a sister Mary who was born in about 1885.
            > >
            > > If anyone finds these names familiar and knows of any living relatives still in Ukraine, we are planning a trip to Ukraine in July and I would like nothing more than to meet these relatives. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
          • Jo K
            How may I contact Vladimir. This group has over 1300 members.  Thanks  ________________________________ From: Laurence To:
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 29, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              How may I contact Vladimir. This group has over 1300 members.  Thanks 


              ________________________________
              From: Laurence <Lkrupnak@...>
              To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
              Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:24:21 PM
              Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine


               
              /

              LDS has the Babin records on microfilm...there you can find information about your ancestors.

              Vladimir on this group can find your living relatives.

              _____

              Lavrentiy

              --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Jo K <fedorah72@...> wrote:
              >
              > My gut kept leaning towards this one also. Thank you for the map confirming this gut feeling. I believe this will be the selo we will visit when we go in July. Thank you for all of your assistance. You have been very, very helpful. I greatly appreciate it.
              >
              > I didn't think it was the one in Ivano-Frankivsk because my aunt said that the village wasn't far from Chernivtsi. The only reason I thought it "might" be the one spelled Babyne was because it appeared closer to Chernivtsi then the one named Babyn that is located north west of Kitsman. I feel confident that we'll be visiting the correct village.
              >
              > You have been a wealth of knowledge for me!!!! Do you know of any other message boards that may assist me in attempting to find living relatives in Ukraine?
              >
              > Sincerely,
              > Arlene
              >
              >
              > ________________________________
              > From: Laurence <Lkrupnak@...>
              > To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
              > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:30:54 PM
              > Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine
              >
              >
              >  
              >
              > /
              >
              > Babin is located north-northwest of Kitsman:
              >
              > http://www.bukovinasociety.org/map1910.html
              >
              > _________
              >
              > Lavrentiy
              > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "fedorah72" <fedorah72@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello,
              > > My name is Arlene and I'm searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853 and passed away in about 1927 in Lipine, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know his first wife's name (which happens to be my great grandfather's mother) but his second wife was Wasylene Chytyk who was born in October of 1878 and passed away in about 1954. His second wife was born in Babin, Chernivtsi, Ukraine. They immigrated from Ukraine to Canada via Liverpool, England in 1902 and one of the children with them was my great grandfather Peter Balon. He was born July 7, in 1892 or 1893 in Galicia. I have information that Peter's brother Ivan (Ywan or John) was born in August of 1879 in Kitsman', Chernivtsi, Ukraine. I can then assume that my great grand father was also born there. They also had a brother William (Bill) who was born in about 1891 and a sister Mary who was born in about 1885.
              > >
              > > If anyone finds these names familiar and knows of any living relatives still in Ukraine, we are planning a trip to Ukraine in July and I would like nothing more than to meet these relatives. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
              > >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              >




              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Laurence
              / Vladimir is a frequent poster here. You can find his e-mail address in the group s old post at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GaliciaPoland-Ukraine/messages
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 29, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                /

                Vladimir is a frequent poster here. You can find his e-mail address in the group's old post at:

                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GaliciaPoland-Ukraine/messages


                I'm sure that Vladimir will contact you now that he knows that you need help in Ukraine.

                ______

                Lavrentiy



                --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Jo K <fedorah72@...> wrote:
                >
                > How may I contact Vladimir. This group has over 1300 members.  Thanks 
                >
                >
                > ________________________________
                > From: Laurence <Lkrupnak@...>
                > To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
                > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:24:21 PM
                > Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine
                >
                >
                >  
                > /
                >
                > LDS has the Babin records on microfilm...there you can find information about your ancestors.
                >
                > Vladimir on this group can find your living relatives.
                >
                > _____
                >
                > Lavrentiy
                >
                > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Jo K <fedorah72@> wrote:
                > >
                > > My gut kept leaning towards this one also. Thank you for the map confirming this gut feeling. I believe this will be the selo we will visit when we go in July. Thank you for all of your assistance. You have been very, very helpful. I greatly appreciate it.
                > >
                > > I didn't think it was the one in Ivano-Frankivsk because my aunt said that the village wasn't far from Chernivtsi. The only reason I thought it "might" be the one spelled Babyne was because it appeared closer to Chernivtsi then the one named Babyn that is located north west of Kitsman. I feel confident that we'll be visiting the correct village.
                > >
                > > You have been a wealth of knowledge for me!!!! Do you know of any other message boards that may assist me in attempting to find living relatives in Ukraine?
                > >
                > > Sincerely,
                > > Arlene
                > >
                > >
                > > ________________________________
                > > From: Laurence <Lkrupnak@>
                > > To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
                > > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:30:54 PM
                > > Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine
                > >
                > >
                > >  
                > >
                > > /
                > >
                > > Babin is located north-northwest of Kitsman:
                > >
                > > http://www.bukovinasociety.org/map1910.html
                > >
                > > _________
                > >
                > > Lavrentiy
                > > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "fedorah72" <fedorah72@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello,
                > > > My name is Arlene and I'm searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853 and passed away in about 1927 in Lipine, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know his first wife's name (which happens to be my great grandfather's mother) but his second wife was Wasylene Chytyk who was born in October of 1878 and passed away in about 1954. His second wife was born in Babin, Chernivtsi, Ukraine. They immigrated from Ukraine to Canada via Liverpool, England in 1902 and one of the children with them was my great grandfather Peter Balon. He was born July 7, in 1892 or 1893 in Galicia. I have information that Peter's brother Ivan (Ywan or John) was born in August of 1879 in Kitsman', Chernivtsi, Ukraine. I can then assume that my great grand father was also born there. They also had a brother William (Bill) who was born in about 1891 and a sister Mary who was born in about 1885.
                > > >
                > > > If anyone finds these names familiar and knows of any living relatives still in Ukraine, we are planning a trip to Ukraine in July and I would like nothing more than to meet these relatives. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
                > > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                > >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
              • Vladimir
                Arlene, I agree with Lavrentiy about the village of Babyn, Zastavnitskiy district. From what you wrote I, too, have come to the conclusion that Wasyl Sawchuk
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 29, 2012
                • 0 Attachment
                  Arlene,

                  I agree with Lavrentiy about the village of Babyn, Zastavnitskiy district. From what you wrote I, too, have come to the conclusion that Wasyl Sawchuk was born in the village of Babyn, Zastavnivs'kyi district, Chernivtsie region. This village was once in Bukovina. I believe, this is where your grandfather was born.

                  Let me make comments on other messages:

                  As an option Sylvia mentioned the village Babin in Kelmenetskyi district (Kelmentsie district, Chernivtsie region).
                  My comment: This district (Kelmentsie) was not in Bukovina. It was once Besarabia. So this is not a village of your grandfather.

                  You also mention: Babyne, Vyzhnyts'kyi district, Chernivets'ka oblast, Ukraine.
                  My comment: You say that you grandfather was born in Babyn, not Babyne. So it is the wrong place to search.

                  You aslo mention: Babyn-Zarichnyi, Kalus'kyi district, Ivano-Frankivs'ka oblast, Ukraine.
                  My comment: It was not in Bukovina. It was Galicia.

                  Vladimir

                  28.02.2012 22:26, Jo K <fedorah72@...>
                  >My gut kept leaning towards this one also. Thank you for the map confirming this gut feeling. I believe this will be the selo we will visit when we go in July. Thank you for all of your assistance. You have been very, very helpful. I greatly appreciate it.
                  >
                  > I didn't think it was the one in Ivano-Frankivsk because my aunt said that the village wasn't far from Chernivtsi. The only reason I thought it "might" be the one spelled Babyne was because it appeared closer to Chernivtsi then the one named Babyn that is located north west of Kitsman. I feel confident that we'll be visiting the correct village.
                  >
                  > You have been a wealth of knowledge for me!!!! Do you know of any other message boards that may assist me in attempting to find living relatives in Ukraine?
                  >
                  > Sincerely,
                  > Arlene
                  >
                  >
                  > ________________________________
                  > From: Laurence <Lkrupnak@...>
                  > To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
                  > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:30:54 PM
                  > Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Family of Michael or Peter Balon in Kitsman Ukraine
                  >
                  >
                  >  
                  >
                  > /
                  >
                  > Babin is located north-northwest of Kitsman:
                  >
                  > http://www.bukovinasociety.org/map1910.html
                  >
                  > _________
                  >
                  > Lavrentiy
                  > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "fedorah72" <fedorah72@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello,
                  > > My name is Arlene and I'm searching for family in Ukraine. I know that my great great grandfather was Michael Balon and he was born in November of 1853 and passed away in about 1927 in Lipine, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't know his first wife's name (which happens to be my great grandfather's mother) but his second wife was Wasylene Chytyk who was born in October of 1878 and passed away in about 1954. His second wife was born in Babin, Chernivtsi, Ukraine. They immigrated from Ukraine to Canada via Liverpool, England in 1902 and one of the children with them was my great grandfather Peter Balon. He was born July 7, in 1892 or 1893 in Galicia. I have information that Peter's brother Ivan (Ywan or John) was born in August of 1879 in Kitsman', Chernivtsi, Ukraine. I can then assume that my great grand father was also born there. They also had a brother William (Bill) who was born in about 1891 and a sister Mary who was born in about 1885.
                  > >
                  > > If anyone finds these names familiar and knows of any living relatives still in Ukraine, we are planning a trip to Ukraine in July and I would like nothing more than to meet these relatives. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                  -- реклама -----------------------------------------------------------
                  Платья 2012 - новые коллекции уже в продаже!
                  http://onlady.com.ua/go/i/short-dresses/
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.