Protesters attack police on Polish independence day

  • Danuta Janina Wójcik
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 11, 2011
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkAKLM3YrVc&feature=uploademail

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 11, 2011

        Marches by far-right and nationalist groups on the key national holiday have grown in size in recent years, with a growing number of left-wing protesters also turning out to oppose them.

        Read more:

        http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/20111111/protesters-clash-with-polish-police-111111/#ixzz1dQFQNpAH

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 11, 2011
          http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/57584,Germans-to-protest-nationalist-Warsaw-Independence-Day-demo

          German anti-fascist groups appear set to challenge a controversial right-wing march that takes place annually in Warsaw on 11 November, Polish Independence Day.
          photo - marszniepodleglosci plThe Warsaw march is co-organised by groups such as the All Polish Youth and the National Radical Camp (ONR) organisations that have been regularly accused of homophobia and extreme nationalism in the past.

          Calls by Germans to join Polish protests against the march have been published on left-wing web sites such as antifa.de, leading some Polish newspapers, such as Rzeczpospolita, to suggest that aggressive German anarchists and communits will be descending on Warsaw.

          "For years, the right-wing government and the Catholic Church have promoted a racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic atmosphere in Poland," the German web site antifa.de declares, adding that last year, Polish anti-fascists got "inspired" by the German left-wing blockade of a march in Dresden, an event that led to rioting and damage to public property.

          In an article entitled "Block the Nazi March!" the web site claims that the Polish police had shown in Warsaw that they were "on the side" of the "Nazis."

          However, police invariably provide security at marches of all kinds, protecting annual gay pride marches against right-wing skinheads.

          Nevertheless, last year's Independence Day March in Warsaw did not pass without incident.

          Robert Biedron, a leader of the Polish Campaign Against Homophobia, and now a freshly-elected MP for the anti-clerical Palikot's Movement party, had charges pressed against him after stones were thrown against the right-wing marchers. Biedron became involved in a scuffle with the police. (nh/pg)

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 11, 2011

              Polish nationalism resurgent
              By Jan Repa
              BBC Central Europe analyst

              The enlargement of Poland's conservative government by two parties, variously described as populist, nationalist or anti-EU, is proving controversial.

              http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4754079.stm

              *******

              http://www.axt.org.uk/antisem/countries/poland/poland.htm

              *********

              http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t540060/

              *********

              Neo-nationalism in Poland

              http://www.legitymizm.org/neo-nationalism

              > German anti-fascist groups appear set to challenge a controversial right-wing march that takes place annually in Warsaw on 11 November, Polish Independence Day.
              >
              > The Warsaw march is co-organised by groups such as the All Polish Youth and the National Radical Camp (ONR) organisations that have been regularly accused of homophobia and extreme nationalism in the past.
              >
              > Calls by Germans to join Polish protests against the march have been published on left-wing web sites such as antifa.de, leading some Polish newspapers, such as Rzeczpospolita, to suggest that aggressive German anarchists and communits will be descending on Warsaw.
              >

              > "For years, the right-wing government and the Catholic Church have promoted a racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic atmosphere in Poland," the German web site antifa.de declares, adding that last year, Polish anti-fascists got "inspired" by the German left-wing blockade of a march in Dresden, an event that led to rioting and damage to public property.
              >
              > In an article entitled "Block the Nazi March!" the web site claims that the Polish police had shown in Warsaw that they were "on the side" of the "Nazis."
              >
              > However, police invariably provide security at marches of all kinds, protecting annual gay pride marches against right-wing skinheads.
              >

              > Nevertheless, last year's Independence Day March in Warsaw did not pass without incident.
              >
              > Robert Biedron, a leader of the Polish Campaign Against Homophobia, and now a freshly-elected MP for the anti-clerical Palikot's Movement party, had charges pressed against him after stones were thrown against the right-wing marchers. Biedron became involved in a scuffle with the police. (nh/pg)
              >

              > http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/57584,Germans-to-protest-nationalist-Warsaw-Independence-Day-demo

            • John Magyari
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 15, 2011
                I'm going through the data in the Polish Version of E. Misilo Akcja Wisla.

                Unfortunately I do not have a scan of the whole book, but I do have
                scans of 2 areas
                the first which shows ~774 Village Names pages 404-423
                the second which shows #people, #cows, #horses, #goats, Loading Station,
                Departure Date, Unloading Station, Date Of Arrival
                number displaced and the Trains they were placed on pages 428-449.

                The Ukrainian Version has 561 pages the Polish Version has 524 pages

                1) data for Nowy Sacz District this appears to be missing from my Polish
                version maybe it's on pages prior to 428 or after page 423, could anyone
                who has the Polish and Ukrainian Version of this book check and see if
                they have Nowy Sacz District info?

                2) I noticed that the nearby Lemko villages of Pulawy (1936 population
                692) , Tarnawka (pop. 424), and Zawoje(pop. 302) are not listed on pages
                417-419 Sanok Area. Although in 1946 many probably went to Ukraine, I
                would assume there were some that were displaced via Vistula. Could
                someone check and see if they are listed in the Ukrainian Version?

                3) I assume that on page 419 Sanok Region, Wislok refers to both these
                Lemko villages together Wislok Gorny and Wislok Dolny?
              • Nicole Pohancsek
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 15, 2011
                  John,
                  Where are you reviewing this book?  Is it online?  I am very interested since my father's family (Patronik, Hydzik and Dobosz families) was from the Sanok region.

                  Thanks!
                  Nicole Lodyga Pohancsek

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 16, 2011
                    John,

                    This is a book that I've been looking for for some time. Where did you obtain it (or parts of it)? I'd like to get copies of certain pages dealing with my ancestral village of Zawadka Morochowska.

                    Justin

                    --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, John Magyari <jmagyari@...> wrote:

                    > I'm going through the data in the Polish Version of E. Misilo Akcja Wisla.
                    >
                    > Unfortunately I do not have a scan of the whole book, but I do have
                    > scans of 2 areas
                    > the first which shows ~774 Village Names pages 404-423
                    > the second which shows #people, #cows, #horses, #goats, Loading Station,
                    > Departure Date, Unloading Station, Date Of Arrival
                    > number displaced and the Trains they were placed on pages 428-449.
                    >
                    > The Ukrainian Version has 561 pages the Polish Version has 524 pages
                    >
                    > 1) data for Nowy Sacz District this appears to be missing from my Polish
                    > version maybe it's on pages prior to 428 or after page 423, could anyone
                    > who has the Polish and Ukrainian Version of this book check and see if
                    > they have Nowy Sacz District info?
                    >
                    > 2) I noticed that the nearby Lemko villages of Pulawy (1936 population
                    > 692) , Tarnawka (pop. 424), and Zawoje(pop. 302) are not listed on pages
                    > 417-419 Sanok Area. Although in 1946 many probably went to Ukraine, I
                    > would assume there were some that were displaced via Vistula. Could
                    > someone check and see if they are listed in the Ukrainian Version?
                    >
                    > 3) I assume that on page 419 Sanok Region, Wislok refers to both these
                    > Lemko villages together Wislok Gorny and Wislok Dolny?

                  • John Perna
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 16, 2011
                      I Saw Poland Betrayed by Ambassador Arthur Bliss Lane Wiadomosc jest to POLSKI PONIZEJ

                      YEARS AGO I read I Saw Poland Betrayed by Ambassador Arthur Bliss Lane, and then it went out of print.
                      I thought others might be interested to know where to find it.
                      IT IS EXTREMELY RARE AND HARD TO FIND.
                      It is a historically significant book. The author was the American Ambassador to Poland. Ambassador Arthur Bliss Lane was so outraged at the betrayal of Poland that he gave up his position to return to the United States, and tell that American people what he had seen. The distribution of the first edition was stifled at every turn by sinister forces. Most copies mysteriously disappeared from all sorts of channels of distribution, or were mysteriously destroyed. No one can refute the facts that Ambassador Lane presents. The strategy has been to prevent people from seeing those facts. Truth will prevail if enough pains are taken to bring it to light. The passage of time does not prevent the truth from prevailing as long as there are still those who are willing to take those pains to bring it to light.
                      I Saw Poland Betrayed. American Opinion Reprint (Paperback) by Ambassador Arthur Bliss Lane
                      http://americanistbookstore.com/books/i-saw-poland-betrayed-pb-aor/

                      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001I2OTUG?ie=UTF8&seller=A1AVPSERX4QF0E&sn=jperna12

                      I Saw Poland Betrayed: An American ambassador reports to the American people (The Americanist library) [Paperback] Arthur Bliss Lane
                      http://americanistbookstore.com/books/i-saw-poland-betrayed1/

                      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007E3J7A?ie=UTF8&seller=A1AVPSERX4QF0E&sn=jperna12

                      ------------------------------

                      Widzialem Polske Zdradzona, ksiazka ambasadora Arthura Bliss Lane'a. This message is also provided in English.
                      Wiele lat temu przeczytalem ksiazke "Widzialem Polske Zdradzona" napisana przez ambasadora Artura Bliss Lane'a. Potem nie mozna jej juz bylo kupic, bo naklad ksiazki byl wyczerpany. Pomyslalem, ze inni moga byc zainteresowani gdzie ja mozna dostac.

                      JEST ONA BARDZO TRUDNYM DO ZNALEZIENIA RARYTASEM.

                      Ksiazka ma duze znaczenie historyczne. Jej autor byl ambasadorem USA w Polsce.

                      Ambasador Artur Bliss Lane byl tak oburzony zdradzeniem Polski, ze podal sie do dymisji i powrócil do Stanów Zjednoczonych, aby opowiedziec Amerykanom co zobaczyl.

                      Grzeszne sily utrudnialy rozpowszechnianie pierwszego wydania ksiazki na kazdym kroku. Egzemplarze znikaly z róznych zródel dystrybucji lub tez ulegaly tajemniczemu zniszczeniu. Fakty tam opisane sa jednak niepodwazalne, ale strategia bylo zapobiezenie zapoznania sie ogólowi z tymi faktami. Jednak, jesli podejmie sie wysilek to prawda wyjdzie na jaw. Jesli sa ludzie którym zalezy, uplyw czasu nie przeszkodzi aby prawda ujrzala swiatlo dzienne.

                      I saw Poland Betrayed (Widzialem Polske Zdradzona). American Opinion Reprint (w oprawie broszurowej). Autor: Ambasador Arthur Bliss Lane.

                      Ksiazka w jezyku angielskim

                      -------------------

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 16, 2011
                        Justin,

                        Zawadka Morochowska
                        Church - Circumcision of Our Lord
                        Population 1936 - 328

                        A friend sent me a scan, I don;t believe there are any online copies,
                        I've looked.
                        I'm in the process of getting all the data in a speadsheet and since
                        there are so many possiblilities for certain dates trying to also
                        calculate distances to train stations. I would think there are greater
                        possibilities that closest train stations were used.

                        JDM REF # out of 800+ lines Province District The name of the village

                        Distances From These Villages Train Station Departures

                        Number population displaced Number of Polish population, which
                        remained Number of Rusyns (Ukrainians) remained

                        Województwo
                        Nazwa miejscowos(ci Blazejowskyj Page # 1840 Population 1936
                        Population Latitude Longitude Altitude Lipowiec Gorlice
                        Grodzisko Koman'cza Lesko-?ukawica ?upków
                        Nowosielce-Gniewosz (Nowosielce) Olszanica Przeworsk Rymanów
                        Sanok Szczawne - Kulaszne Zagórz Zagórzany Za?úz( Data^2
                        Liczbaludnos(ci wysiedlonej Liczba ludnos(ci polskiej, która
                        pozostala Liczba ludnoás(i ukranskiej do wysiedlenia
                        619 Województwo rzeszowskie Powiat Sánok Zawadka Morochowska 328
                        156 328 49.4667 49° 28' 0N 22.15 22° 8' 60E 1302 17.10975
                        46.17932 36.6309 9.949165 7.575126 16.55675 7.855124 13.47111
                        44.3014711 15.04493 7.264359 4.03166 6.274348 46.207464
                        8.1536248 28.04-10.05 15

                        Looking at Stations less than 10 miles away and for departure dates,
                        others are probably to far away

                        People Horses Cows Goats (Sheep) Loading Railroad Station Date of
                        departure Unloading Railroad Station Date of arrival
                        Miles to Station
                        osób koni krów kóz (owiec) Siacja za?adowcza Dwa odejs'cia
                        Staqa wy?adowc/a Data przyjazdu
                        4.03 R-058 Sanok 375 37 62 140 Szczawne 5.V 5 V Mora;g 12.V
                        4.03 R-010 Sanok 268 29 43 78 Szczawne - Kulaszne 29.IV 29
                        IV S?upsk 3.V
                        4.03 R-014 Sanok 322 76 91 Szczawne - Kulaszne 30.IV 30 IV
                        Banoszycc 9.V
                        4.03 R-021 Sanok 213 68 43 29 Szczawne - Kulaszne 2.V 2 V
                        Bartoszyce 9.V
                        4.03 R-028 Sanok 312 71 72 109 Szczawne - Kulaszne 2.V 2 V
                        Korzybie 8.V
                        4.03 R-041 Sanok 250 52 57 33 Szczawne - Kulaszne 4.V 4 V
                        Karlino 9.V
                        4.03 R-050 Sanok 314 38 68 68 Szczawne - Kulaszne 5.V 5 V
                        Bytów 12.V
                        4.03 R-065 Sanok 315 84 64 41 Szczawne - Kulaszne 7.V 7 V
                        Giz.ycko 15.V
                        4.03 R-073 Sanok 319 35 34 56 Szczawne - Kulaszne 7.V 7 V
                        Karlino 13.V
                        6.27 R-022 Sanok 325 38 66 105 Zagórz 1.V 1 V Bartoszyce 7.V
                        6.27 R-035 Sanok 302 33 55 23 Zagórz 2.V 2 V Koszalin 8.V
                        6.27 R-048 Sanok 354 38 62 128 Zagórz 4.V 4 V Bytów 12.V
                        6.27 R-055 Sanok 366 31 96 68 Zagórz 5.V 5 V Pas?e;k 12.V
                        6.27 R-071 Sanok 340 37 75 70 Zagórz 6.V 6 V Trzebiatów 13.V
                        6.27 R-063 Sanok 314 46 83 52 Zagórz 7.V 7 V S?awno 11.V
                        6.27 R-074 Sanok 364 57 70 98 Zagórz 7.V 7 V Koszalin 14.V
                        6.27 R-081 Sanok 384 31 86 86 Zagórz 8.V 8 V S?awno 14.V
                        6.27 R-084 Sanok 343 54 83 86 Zagórz 8.V 8 V S?upsk 14.V
                        6.27 R-089 Sanok 327 43 78 99 Zagórz 9.V 9 V Czaplinek 14.V
                        6.27 R-092 Sanok 374 44 102 66 Zagórz 9.V 9 V Wa?cz 14.V
                        6.27 R-096 Sanok 379 25 89 28 Zagórz 10.V 10 V Gryfice 15.V
                        6.27 R-098 Sanok 303 25 69 105 Zagórz 10.V 10 V S?upsk 16.V
                        7.26 R-034 Sanok 539 10 92 56 Sanok 3.V 3 V M?ynary 8.V
                        7.26 R-040 Sanok 897 24 127 60 Sanok 4.V 4 V Susz 9.V
                        7.26 R-047 Sanok 396 21 66 44 Sanok 5.V 5 V Pas?e;k 12.V
                        7.26 R-056 Sanok 376 10 67 32 Sanok 6.V 6 V Pas?e;k 12.V
                        7.26 R-064 Sanok 375 50 11 42 Sanok 7.V 7 V Koszalin 14.V
                        7.26 R-072 Sanok 191 11 76 49 Sanok 7.V 7 V Karlino 13.V
                        7.26 R-080 Sanok 386 15 76 65 Sanok 8.V 8 V Janikowo 14.V
                        7.26 R-088 Sanok 248 7 72 36 Sanok 10.V 10 V Wa?cz 14.V
                        7.57 R-019 Sanok 275 30 111 Lesko-?ukawica 30.IV 30 IV
                        Bia?ogard 5.V
                        7.57 R-025 Sanok 219 23 121 Lesko-?ukawica 3.V 3 V Drawsko
                        Krain'skie 7.V
                        7.57 R-032 Sanok 332 23 216 Lesko-?ukawica 3.V 3 V M?ynary 8.V
                        7.57 R-046 Sanok 277 61 18 58 Lesko-?ukawica 4.V 4 V
                        Gryfice 11.V
                        7.57 R-053 Sanok 158 52 76 45 Lesko-?ukawica 5.V 5 V
                        Pote;gowo 11.V
                        7.57 R-061 Sanok 268 16 60 30 Lesko-?ukawica 6.V 6 V
                        Karlino 11.V
                        7.57 R-076 Sanok 304 63 38 41 Lesko-?ukawica 8.V 8 V
                        IJdzbark 13.V
                        7.57 R-079 Sanok 241 26 123 84 Lesko-?ukawica 8.V 8 V
                        Lidzbark 13.V
                        7.57 R-086 Sanok 439 52 111 65 Lesko-?ukawica 10.V 10 V
                        Szczecinek 13.V
                        7.57 R-091 Sanok 479 28 114 108 Lesko-?ukawica 10.V 10 V
                        M?ynary 16.V
                        7.57 R-094 Sanok 315 53 80 102 Lesko-?ukawica 10.V 10 V
                        Cz?uchów 16.V
                        7.85 R-015 Sanok 235 18 34 84 Nowosielce-Gniewosz (Nowosielce)
                        30.IV 30 IV Miastko - Bytów 3.V 4.V
                        7.85 R-027 Sanok 298 38 57 123 Nowosielce-Gniewosz
                        (Nowosielce) 1.V 1 V Karlino 6.V
                        7.85 R-039 Sanok 305 25 66 70 Nowosielce-Gniewosz
                        (Nowosielce) 4.V 4 V Giz.ycko 12.V
                        7.85 R-057 Sanok 480 26 73 61 Nowosielce-Gniewosz
                        (Nowosielce) 6.V 6 V Mora;g 12.V
                        8.15 R-018 Sanok 241 14 62 79 Za?uz. 30.IV 30 IV Szczecinek 4.V
                        8.15 R-026 Sanok 309 38 84 38 Za?uz. 2.V 2 V S'widwin 8.V
                        8.15 R-033 Sanok 290 16 51 52 Za?uz. 4.V 4 V Szczecinek 9.V
                        8.15 R-049 Sanok 210 24 44 54 Za?uz. 4.V 4 V Gryfice 12.V
                        8.15 R-054 Sanok 247 29 65 77 Za?uz. 5.V 5 V Pote;gowo 11.V
                        8.15 R-059 Sanok 257 22 48 50 Za?uz. 6.V 6 V Karlino 12.V
                        8.15 R-062 Sanok 328 11 46 98 Za?uz. 7.V 7 V S'widwin 14.V
                        8.15 R-070 Sanok 257 15 72 53 Za?uz. 8.V 8 V Dominek 14.V
                        8.15 R-078 Sanok 245 54 54 24 Za?uz. 8.V 8 V S?upsk 14.V
                        8.15 R-087 Sanok 249 21 59 48 Za?uz. 9.V 9 V Karlino 14.V
                        8.15 R-095 Sanok 383 16 72 66 Za?uz. 10.V 10 V Cz?uchów 16.V
                        9.49 R-011 Sanok 285 60 61 39 Koman'cza 29.IV 29 IV S?uchów 3.V
                        9.49 R-013 Sanok 262 46 41 62 Koman'cza 30.IV 30 IV S?uchów 3.V
                        9.49 R-020 Sanok 270 50 56 58 Koman'cza 1.V 1 V Giz.ycko 7.V
                        9.49 R-029 Sanok 295 42 57 77 Koman'cza 2.V 2 V Bytów 8.V
                        9.49 R-036 Sanok 240 26 49 74 Koman'cza 3.V 3 V Koszalin 8.V
                        9.49 R-043 Sanok 294 37 50 62 Koman'cza 3.V 3 V Mora;g 8.V
                        9.49 R-051 Sanok 224 34 5
                        Koman'cza 4.V 4 V Pas?e;k 10.V
                        9.49 R-066 Sanok 156 38 36 24 Koman'cza 7.V 7 V Bartoszyce 15.V

                        I only included Sanok District Train Stations, after I get distances for
                        others maybe we will see a closer station at a nearby District.

                        john magyari
                        www.lipowiec.org

                        On 11/16/2011 4:20 AM, Justin wrote:

                        > John,
                        >
                        > This is a book that I've been looking for for some time. Where did you
                        > obtain it (or parts of it)? I'd like to get copies of certain pages
                        > dealing with my ancestral village of Zawadka Morochowska.
                        >
                        > Justin
                        >
                        > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
                        > <mailto:GaliciaPoland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>, John Magyari
                        > <jmagyari@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I'm going through the data in the Polish Version of E. Misilo Akcja
                        > Wisla.
                        > >
                        > > Unfortunately I do not have a scan of the whole book, but I do have
                        > > scans of 2 areas
                        > > the first which shows ~774 Village Names pages 404-423
                        > > the second which shows #people, #cows, #horses, #goats, Loading
                        > Station,
                        > > Departure Date, Unloading Station, Date Of Arrival
                        > > number displaced and the Trains they were placed on pages 428-449.
                        > >
                        > > The Ukrainian Version has 561 pages the Polish Version has 524 pages
                        > >
                        > > 1) data for Nowy Sacz District this appears to be missing from my
                        > Polish
                        > > version maybe it's on pages prior to 428 or after page 423, could
                        > anyone
                        > > who has the Polish and Ukrainian Version of this book check and see if
                        > > they have Nowy Sacz District info?
                        > >
                        > > 2) I noticed that the nearby Lemko villages of Pulawy (1936 population
                        > > 692) , Tarnawka (pop. 424), and Zawoje(pop. 302) are not listed on
                        > pages
                        > > 417-419 Sanok Area. Although in 1946 many probably went to Ukraine, I
                        > > would assume there were some that were displaced via Vistula. Could
                        > > someone check and see if they are listed in the Ukrainian Version?
                        > >
                        > > 3) I assume that on page 419 Sanok Region, Wislok refers to both these
                        > > Lemko villages together Wislok Gorny and Wislok Dolny?

                      • jmagyari
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 17, 2011
                          I found the index of the villages included and see I am missing 4 pages 424-427 which I will try to obtain. The area for Nowy Sacz should be on these pages. It still appears some villages
                          as mentioned in #2 below and maybe others are not listed.

                          I'll try to post a list soon of what villages are included, and eventually compile the data into a matrix to make it a little easier to see villages and possible trains.

                          john magyari
                          www.lipowiec.org

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 1, 2011
                            John,

                            Thanks so much for sharing all of this. I am considerably behind in my e-mailing because my new job takes up most of my time. But my interest remains strong.

                            I'll look closely at what you've sent.

                            Do you have page 524 and 249, note 2, of this book? I think they may contain information of relevance to me if you could send these pages, if they're not included below. Thanks very much.