New file

  • bluetea54@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
      A few days ago I got a notice that a file was added
      aolejarz7 posted a file PolandWebGen - Podkarpackie Province -
      Welcome_pliki.rar
      I can not read this. I open it up and get two folders, but nothing listed
      in the folders will open. What do I need to do?
      Thanks
      Judy

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
        Hello Judy,

        How to open a rar file:

        http://www.pcmech.com/forum/software-discussion-support/25458-how-do-i-open-file-rar-extension.html

        _________

        Lavrentiy

      • bluetea54@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
          Hi Lavrentiy,

          I thought I had winRAR, but I downloaded again.
          I can open the folders, but when I click on each item (such as gif which I
          believe should be a picture)
          all I get is code.

          Judy

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
            Hello Judy,

            Somebody with greater computer knowledge is now needed.

            ____

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
              Lavrentiy,

              Thanks for trying

              Judy

              In a message dated 9/6/2011 11:11:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              Lkrupnak@... writes:

              > Hello Judy,
              >
              > Somebody with greater computer knowledge is now needed.
              >
              > ____

            • John Magyari
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
                Judy,

                1) Right click on the file and save it to your machine
                It should have a size of 73KB once saved.

                2) Now with winrar extract the contents to a folder.
                There should now be 35 gif files in the subfolder

                3) click or double click on one of the gif files. It should display on
                your machine.

                There is really only one file of the 35 worth looking at
                it is podkarp.gif

                If you can not extract the file to your machine email me and I will
                email you the one 14kb file.

                to get winrar goto www.rarlab.com/download.htm

                For a great PC Graphic File Viewer you can use Irfanview to get go here
                www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

                john magyari

                On 9/6/2011 8:07 AM, bluetea54@... wrote:

                > Hi Lavrentiy,
                >
                > I thought I had winRAR, but I downloaded again.
                > I can open the folders, but when I click on each item (such as gif
                > which I
                > believe should be a picture)
                > all I get is code.
                >
                > Judy
                >
                > In a message dated 9/6/2011 10:45:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                > Lkrupnak@... <mailto:Lkrupnak%40erols.com> writes:
                >

                > > Hello Judy,
                > >
                > > How to open a rar file:
                > >

                > http://www.pcmech.com/forum/software-discussion-support/25458-how-do-i-open-file-rar-extension.html

              • Andrew
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
                  Hi, Judy!
                  If you have problems with my odczytaniwm files, then write to me at my e-mail address and I will send you the files Mon literally you can not open.
                  Andrew

                • bluetea54@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
                    John,
                    Thank you for the offer. I have winrar and Irfanview.
                    My problem is that I can open the folders, but I when I open the subfolders
                    all I get is code.
                    I can't figure out why the picture is not displayed.
                    Judy