Re: Research in Other Areas of Poland

  • dns_ny
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2005
      Most of my emails come from my office and we use Lotus Notes there.
      Those from home are from Microsoft Outlook. Sorry if it was hard to
      read. Should I resend differently?

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Laurence Krupnak
      <Lkrupnak@e...> wrote:
      > Hello Denise,
      >
      > I don't know what kind of e-mail software you have. It is very
      > difficult to read your e-mails. For example, it is very difficult
      > distinquish quoted text and your responses.

      > dns_ny wrote:
      > >
      > > Lavrentiy,
      > >
      > > Thanks so much for the info. See my responses below.
      > >
      > > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Laurence Krupnak
      > > <Lkrupnak@e...> wrote:

      > > my
      > > >

      > > > 1. Did you use Dr. Morse's EI indexes? (starts with 1892).
      > > Didn't know about it, but have looked it up, used it, and didn't
      find
      > > anything.
      > > >
      > > > 2. Also try the indexes that the INS prepared (starts with
      1897).
      > > > They are at the NA (7th Street & PA Avenue). So close and yet
      so
      > > far . . . My grandfather's birthday is 23 Jan 1878. This is
      the
      > > date his children knew as his birhtday, we have no documnetation.
      > > Various relatives remember his age at immigration differently,
      > > anywhere from one to seven. This suggests years of immigration
      > > between 1878 and 1886. This source probably won't help.
      > > >
      > > > 3. Ancestry.com has indexes for periods of time not covered
      by
      > > the INS
      > > > and EI indexes. These are for sale, no doubt, and may be
      > > good source.
      > > >
      > > > 4. Depending on date of arrivals use the Glazier and
      > > Filby "Russians
      > > > to America" indexes. This may be another good source for
      me.

      > > (my
      > > >

      > > > Naturalization process is five years (minimum). Two years
      > > > residency prior to submitting a Declaration and three years
      wait to
      > > > submit a Petition.
      > > >
      > > > Prior to ca. 1922, the foreign born wife and children
      derived
      > > > citizenship. After 1922 they had to apply separately.
      > > Declaration and
      > > > Petition papers give date of immigration and manner or arrival.

      > > been
      SS
      > > Death
      Depression. It
      > > perhaps

      > > the
      Joseph in
      > > the
      > > late
      > > operating
      Brooklyn,
      > > NY.
      > > >

      > > > All US immigration records are filed by entry point, not by
      > > specific
      > > > immigration stations (Ellis Island/Castle Garden, etc.).

      > > easy
      > > there?
      > > >

      > > > DC has mostly the Federal court records of courts located
      in the
      > > > mid-Atlantic States. NY has the New York District court
      records.
      > > You
      > > > can send NY an e-mail and they will check their indexes. DC
      has
      > > the NY
      > > > indexes, but not the actual naturalization papers.
      > > >
      > > > Certain State and local courts can also grant
      naturalization.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2005
        dns_ny wrote:

        > Most of my emails come from my office and we use Lotus Notes there.

        Aren't you afraid that EPA is monitoring your use of government
        computers for personal communications?