Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Maziarnia in Galicia

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
      einamaka wrote:

      > wow!
      > thanks so much for your help...
      > i know it was in Galicia he said... Galazien, actually is what he
      > said so maybe that makes a difference in the pronunciation as it
      > which Maziarnia it would be?... his family is both Polish and
      > Ukrainian (I think Rusyn!) and i think the Maziarnia he is looking
      > for is probably in Poland today? if that helps...
      >
      > thanks again!
      > Cheers!
      > Erika

      ********

      Hello Erika,

      All but two of the some ten places that had the name Maziarnia were
      in Austria's Galicia (Galizien in German). Even the ones now in Ukraine
      back then would have potentially had Poles residing there. During the
      inter-war period they were all in Poland.

    • einamaka
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
        oooh boy.. ok.. i guess thats what it had said on the Ellis island
        record but didnt go into detail as to where exactly it was...
        thanks for your help!
        Cheers!
        and Happy New Year!!
        Erika