Re: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Looking for correct spelling

  • Nicole Pohancsek
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 29, 2011
      I uploaded a new copy of his work papers to the photo album under Hruscowic family.  Thanks again for all of your help.
      ~Nicole

      Message 38 of 38 , Feb 13, 2013
        Interesting but my ancestors name does not fit into the --Two common suffixes that can precede -ski are: 1) -ew- or -ow- (basically the same thing, dependent on whether the stem ends in a consonant classified as hard or soft); and 2) -in- or -ien- or -yn. The -yn is added to stems ending in hard consonants, the other two added to "soft" stems; for all intents and purposes, -ien- can be regarded as a variant of -in-, often indicating some dialect difference in pronunciation..
        It ends in anski. Domanski...

        Jeff