Village Beczyn in district of Wadowice

  • Mark Yonick
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 19, 2011
      Looking for anyone doing research in this area of Galicia or on the Dziedzic Family. My grandfather Josef Dziedzic came from this village. His family attended the church in Paszkowka. Thanks
      Mary
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 19, 2011
        Parish information and contact:

        http://paszkowka.eu/

        http://paszkowka.eu/content/blogcategory/5/5/

        http://www.diecezja.pl/pl/parafie/843

        --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Yonick" <myonick@...> wrote:

        > Looking for anyone doing research in this area of Galicia or on the Dziedzic Family. My grandfather Josef Dziedzic came from this village. His family attended the church in Paszkowka. Thanks
        > Mary

      • Pamela Morris
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 28, 2012
          Hi Mary,
          I have some relatives by the same last name. My grandparents were from that part also.
          Pamela Morris

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 29, 2012
            Hi Pamela,

            Wow! I have been looking on an off for many years for someone, anyone doing research in this area of Poland. I would love to compare information with you regarding the area and our families.

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 29, 2012
              Hi Mary,
              I am going to the library tomorrow and will be meeting with someone who specializes in polish genealogy. If there is something you want me to ask him please let me know. He is going to give me some web sites as well.
              Who knows...it might just help both of us.
              My e-mail is: innerjourney2001@.... Also I am in central time and I will be there at 3:00.
              We will get together and see what we each have. Have to run...I can smell dinner downstairs and I think I need to check it out.
              Pamela Morris

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012
                Hi Pamela,

                This sounds great!. After writing many times to the parish in Paszkowka, (the parish my grandparents attended), I have received some information. I hope we can get some help.

                 Is their anyone in the area, I can contact to help me get additional records from the parish or should I continue to write to the parish and hope I get can get more information?

                Does he have any information about the history , passed or present, regarding the village of beczyn?

                Is their any way I can find out if I still have relatives living in the village or the surrounding area?

                Good luck and I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012

                  According to the Lenius gazetteer, Paszkowka was within the domain of the Pobiedr Roman Catholic parish.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012

                    According to the Lenius gazetteer, Beczyn (the one in Wadowice district) was within the domain of the Budzow Roman Catholic parish.

                    --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Morris <innerjourney2001@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Mary,
                    > I am going to the library tomorrow and will be meeting with someone who specializes in polish genealogy. If there is something you want me to ask him please let me know. He is going to give me some web sites as well.
                    > Who knows...it might just help both of us.
                    > My e-mail is: innerjourney2001@... Also I am in central time and I will be there at 3:00.
                    > We will get together and see what we each have. Have to run...I can smell dinner downstairs and I think I need to check it out.
                    > Pamela Morris

                  • Pamela Morris
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012
                      Hi Mary,
                      Well my hour went real fast but I learned quite a bit. First Steve told me that he learned a lot from Family Search. He found a lot of information there that went all the way back to 1772. Steve also said that ordering the films from Family Search to look up the information was helpful. From where I am from which is Chicago, he gave me the Newberry Library on line information but it looks like I will have to go there for some information that is not on line. When I got home I got my news letter so to speak from the Polish Genealogical Society of America. I joined last year and when I went down there I found my grandmother's obitutary and they translated my grandfather's birth and baptism records for me. While looking through this edition I read where this man got help from someone who actually lives in the area he was looking for his family by going on the Polish Gen site. They also had a website called ELA, short for Ewidencja Ludnosci w
                      Archiwaliach (Population Records in Archival Materials).. is one of three main databases of the Polish State Archives, along with Pradziad and Sezam. Its usefulness for genealogical research is invaluable, particularly when metrical records for a given locality have not been preserved or are hard to access. If I can figure out how to scan the newsletter I can send it to you in an e-mail as an attachment. I hope this is helpful to start with.
                      Pamela Morris

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012

                        ELA:

                        Ewidencja Ludności w Archiwaliach

                        http://www.archiwa.gov.pl/en/bazy-danych/321-ewidencja-ludnoci-w-archiwaliach-ela.html?template=archiwa_home

                        http://www.archiwa.gov.pl/pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=389&catid=107&Itemid=184

                        /

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012

                          All searchable PSA (Polish State Archive) on-line inventory/collection databases:

                          http://archiwa.gov.pl/en/data-bases.html

                          http://archiwa.gov.pl/en/data-bases.html?start=5

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012

                            Example...summary of ELA:

                            The Registers of Population in Archival Materials ELA

                            The database named The Registers of Population in Archival Materials ELA comprises data on all registers of population (lists, rolls, card-index records etc.), which could be found in archival materials kept in state archives. The database did not include parish and public (civil) registers for which separate data base (PRADZIAD) has been set up. The database neither contains lists of names nor information on specific persons.

                          • myonick@comcast.net
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 1, 2012
                              Thanks for the information. I have written, in 1990,  to Paszkowka and have receivced my grandfather's birth record. The parish priest  informed me that the church in Pobiedr was merged with the church in Paszkowka. So would the church in Paszkowka have the books ( marriage, birth and death) from the church in Pobiedr?

                              Message 14 of 14 , May 1, 2012
                                Hello Mary,

                                I don't have enough information to answer your question. WE/I neeed to know when the two churches (the one in Pobiedr and the one in Paszzkowka) were established. I gather from the Lenius gazetteer, based on examining the basis that Lenius typically dosplaced informnation in the data table, that Pobiedr is the mother church and Paszkowka is the daughter church.

                                Lavrentiy