Feeder Railroad Lines in US

  • genmary2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
      Ihave found railroad feeder routes to the ships in Eastern/Central Europe but can't seem to find anything in US. I am intersted in railroad routes in the 1900-1905 timeframe from New York and Baltimore to the Kansas City (Leavenworth, KS) area.

      I am writing narratives on both my grandparents homeland in Europe, their journey to America and their early years in the US. I have found the railway routes in Galicia and Poland that they presumably took to Bremen (their point of departure) and would like to trace the route they took after their point of embarkation in the US.

      Thanks for any help.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
        Map of railroad routes in 1918:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Railroads_of_the_United_States_in_1918_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_16960.png

        http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/gmdhtml/rrhtml/rrintro.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
          The Baltimore & Ohio or Pennsylvania RR would be most likely carrier to Kansas:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Railroad

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1891_B%26O.jpg