Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] canadian records

  • JOHN AND GLORIA
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2004
      I thought we did this before
      One of the Manitoba Namakas was Yakim and Apolonia Namaka of Okno Zastavna
      Bukowina who arrived at Halifax Apr18 1899 on SS Armenia with son Mike.
      Settled at Winnipegosis Mb on SE20/30/10w
      His mothers maiden name was Hanka Dowhan

      John Laporte
      Beausejour Manitoba

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2004
        You may also, try getting their Western Land grant information
        it will usually have their village listed

        http://data4.collectionscanada.ca/netacgi/nph-brs?s2=&s3=&s4=&s5=&s6=Namaka&s1=&Sect4=AND&l=20&Sect1=IMAGE&Sect2=THESOFF&Sect4=AND&Sect5=FL15PEN&Sect6=HITOFF&d=FL15&p=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwwwcollectionscanada.ca%2Farchivianet%2F02011102_e.html&r=0&f=S
        If this is your relative.. contact Public Archives in Manitoba .. they will have mircofilm also.
        cost is 20 cents per page.

        Public Archives of Manitoba has the following:
        http://web2.gov.mb.ca/cca/vital/ListView.php
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2004
          oops perhaps we did! the name Jakim sounds familiar now...

          its finals time... my brain is on overdrive... hehe

          thanks again!!
          Cheers!
          Erika

          --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN AND GLORIA"
          <jlgl@m...> wrote:
          > I thought we did this before
          > One of the Manitoba Namakas was Yakim and Apolonia Namaka of Okno
          Zastavna
          > Bukowina who arrived at Halifax Apr18 1899 on SS Armenia with son
          Mike.
          > Settled at Winnipegosis Mb on SE20/30/10w
          > His mothers maiden name was Hanka Dowhan
          >
          > John Laporte
          > Beausejour Manitoba

        • einamaka
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2004
            Thanks Darlene!

            I don't know if these are REALLY relatives, but i think we probably
            decended from the same family... Namaka doesn't seem to be too
            common of a name...
            Cheers!
            Erika
            =)

            --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Allen & Darlene
            Dowhaniuk <addowhaniuk@s...> wrote:
            > Erika,
            >
            > You can check online at the Canadian Archives:
            > Immigration Records (1925 - 1935)
            > http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/020118_e.html
            >
            > This site will tell you how to get Immigration records for the
            other years.

            > http://www.genealogy.gc.ca/10/100803_e.html
            >

            > Good luck
            > Darlene