Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] canadian records

  • Allen & Darlene Dowhaniuk
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2004
      Erika,

      You can check online at the Canadian Archives:
      Immigration Records (1925 - 1935)
      http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/020118_e.html

      This site will tell you how to get Immigration records for the other years.

      http://www.genealogy.gc.ca/10/100803_e.html

      Good luck
      Darlene

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2004
        I thought we did this before
        One of the Manitoba Namakas was Yakim and Apolonia Namaka of Okno Zastavna
        Bukowina who arrived at Halifax Apr18 1899 on SS Armenia with son Mike.
        Settled at Winnipegosis Mb on SE20/30/10w
        His mothers maiden name was Hanka Dowhan

        John Laporte
        Beausejour Manitoba

        > is there an online database for immigration in Canada as there is
        > Ellis Island?
        >
        > I found some Namaka's online residing in Minitoba and I am wondering
        > if they are from the same village as my relatives...
        >
        > Cheers!
        > Erika
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Angela Birt
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2004
          You may also, try getting their Western Land grant information
          it will usually have their village listed

          http://data4.collectionscanada.ca/netacgi/nph-brs?s2=&s3=&s4=&s5=&s6=Namaka&s1=&Sect4=AND&l=20&Sect1=IMAGE&Sect2=THESOFF&Sect4=AND&Sect5=FL15PEN&Sect6=HITOFF&d=FL15&p=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwwwcollectionscanada.ca%2Farchivianet%2F02011102_e.html&r=0&f=S
          If this is your relative.. contact Public Archives in Manitoba .. they will have mircofilm also.
          cost is 20 cents per page.

          Public Archives of Manitoba has the following:
          http://web2.gov.mb.ca/cca/vital/ListView.php

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2004
            oops perhaps we did! the name Jakim sounds familiar now...

            its finals time... my brain is on overdrive... hehe

            thanks again!!
            Cheers!
            Erika

            --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN AND GLORIA"
            <jlgl@m...> wrote:
            > I thought we did this before
            > One of the Manitoba Namakas was Yakim and Apolonia Namaka of Okno
            Zastavna
            > Bukowina who arrived at Halifax Apr18 1899 on SS Armenia with son
            Mike.
            > Settled at Winnipegosis Mb on SE20/30/10w
            > His mothers maiden name was Hanka Dowhan
            >
            > John Laporte
            > Beausejour Manitoba

          • einamaka
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 9, 2004
              Thanks Darlene!

              I don't know if these are REALLY relatives, but i think we probably
              decended from the same family... Namaka doesn't seem to be too
              common of a name...
              Cheers!
              Erika
              =)

              --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Allen & Darlene
              Dowhaniuk <addowhaniuk@s...> wrote:
              > Erika,
              >
              > You can check online at the Canadian Archives:
              > Immigration Records (1925 - 1935)
              > http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/020118_e.html
              >
              > This site will tell you how to get Immigration records for the
              other years.

              > http://www.genealogy.gc.ca/10/100803_e.html
              >

              > Good luck
              > Darlene