great grand parents

  • D&P Reid
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      I've only been on this list a couple weeks and I've already learned so
      much, thanks to all of you!

      I'm researching my great grandparents who came with their two sons from
      Josefsburg, Austria (now Iozefsberg, Ukraine, thanks for that help
      bit!). They arrived in Canada in November 1891.

      Great grandfather was George Philip MOHR (b. circa 1835)
      Great grandmother was Katherina MOHR (nee Rippel)
      They were German Reformed Protestants.

      Their sons were:
      Nicholas MOHR (b. about 1872-3)
      Philip MOHR (b. January 15, 1891 in Josefsburg, Austria)

      If you have family ties to the above, or if you know where i can go next
      with this, i'd like to hear from you.

      best regards,
      Priscilla Reid
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        Hello Priscilla,

        The Galizien Germans group has a mailing list on Yahoo. They are
        very knowledgeable. Josefsburg should be a village that someone has
        researched.

        yguid=11747746

        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, D&P Reid